If you're between the ages of 18 and 29, and have founded a social or BoP enterprise, check out the description below.
Launched in 2001 by the International Youth Foundation, YouthActionNet
strengthens, supports, and celebrates the role of young people in leading positive change in their communities. Each year, 20 exceptional young social entrepreneurs are selected as YouthActionNet Global Fellows
following a competitive application process. The yearlong Fellowship program includes:Skill-building:
- A seven-day capacity building retreat in Washington, DC (all expenses paid)
- Development of a customized learning plan based on individual leadership learning needs. This learning is focused on six dimensions of leadership: personal, visionary, political, collaborative, organizational, and societal.
- Networking with international and national aid agencies, NGOs, and corporate partners.
- Peer-to-peer networking throughout the year.
- Training in communications and media outreach; public relations technical assistance.
- Access to global advocacy platforms and media coverage.
Global Fellows also have access to potential funding opportunities.
- Open to all young people, ages 18-29
- Applicants should be founders of existing projects/organizations with a clear vision for social change, or leading a project within an organization
- Proficiency in English is required; applications must be submitted in English
- Applicants must be available to attend the full retreat, November 1-8, 2008, in Washington, DC
Completed application forms are due by the May 15th.? Applicants may fill out the form online at www.youthactionnet.org or download the application and email, fax, or mail completed forms to:
c/o International Youth Foundation
32 South Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21202 USA
Tel: +1 410 951 1500; Fax: +1 410 347 1188