NextBillion Health Care is a blog and a news resource dedicated to addressing the myriad challenges and solutions in delivering health care to the base of the pyramid. The site, part of the NextBillion network, focuses on the best practices of social enterprises, health practitioners, large health systems, NGOs and multinational players, such as drug companies, supply chain systems and technology developers. It also examines public policy solutions for improving the health outcomes for low-income people around the world.
Sponsored by NextBillion’s Content Partner, Anavo Global LLC, NextBillion Health Care explores new thinking and action that ultimately improves people’s health, while doing so in a financially sustainable way.
Here are just a few of our main topic areas:
- Rural health care delivery
- Urban challenges
- Innovative business models that improve access, affordability and sustainability.
- Public-private partnerships
- Supply chain management and efficiency
- Improvements in patient care, vaccinations, procedures, and billing
- Improvements in health care insurance
- Management practices for social enterprises, e.g. retaining strong talent, attracting investors/financing, overall tips and tactics for managing an enterprise focused on health care
- Technology: Diagnostic tools that improve health outcomes.
With NextBillion Health Care, our goal is to highlight both market-based approaches as they relate to driving change within large-scale institutions. In other words, it’s not one model versus the other, but how to bring the efficiency of markets and the scale of public systems to affect the most people. James Militzer
serves as editor for the new blog. James is an accomplished writer and editor, and has been immersed in the health care system as a professional translator for several years. He can be reached via email: email@example.com
Follow NextBillion Health Care on Twitter @NextBillionHC