Managing Director Will Lead Pioneering Technology Accelerator
to Strengthen Nonprofit Sector
ABOUT CENTER4: Center4 is a new accelerator being established in New York City that will drive technology innovation to help nonprofits provide more effective and cost-efficient services to the hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers served. Named for the emerging "Fourth Sector," Center4 will leverage the convergence of the private, public and nonprofit sectors to benefit the social good.
Scheduled to open in Manhattan in early 2013, Center4 will feature:
· Convenings, hackathons and other events to spark conversation, partnerships, and innovation among nonprofits, social entrepreneurs, investors, technology innovators and representatives from government and the philanthropic community;
· Educational programming for nonprofits with leading technology experts and innovators;
· Investment, mentorship and space for entrepreneurs and technology innovators focusing on the nonprofit health and human services sector; and
· Resources for enterprise-wide infrastructure/capacity-building support for nonprofits.
Center4 is founded by and housed within FEGS Health and Human Services, one of the largest and most diversified nonprofit health and human service organizations in the country, helping more than 100,000 New Yorkers annually to succeed in school, obtain employment, navigate crisis, improve their health and mental health, manage disabilities and live as independently as possible in the community. FEGS has annual revenues of $250 million, a workforce of more than 8,000 staff, interns and volunteers, and fourteen affiliate/subsidiary corporations, including AllSector Technology Group, Inc.®, a leading provider of advanced technology solutions to the nonprofit sector since 1998.
Center4 is guided by a blue ribbon advisory board including entrepreneurs, technology innovators, investors and representatives from the nonprofit sector, government and private philanthropy.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR: The Managing Director will run and oversee all aspects of Center4. The Managing Director will shape Center4's roles as a convener, an educator, an accelerator and a resource provider. The successful candidate will be smart, strategic, motivated, creative, entrepreneurial, tech-savvy and have an interest in doing social good.
Essential Job Functions:
· Plan, develop, implement and oversee all aspects of Center4 including programming, entrepreneurial ventures, operations, fundraising, budgeting, marketing/communications and other functions
· Develop a range of strategies to create a community, convene and spark conversation, partnerships and innovation among nonprofit organizations, social entrepreneurs, investors, technology innovators and representatives from government and the philanthropic community with the goals of:
o Educating the tech sector about the nonprofit sector's needs;
o Engaging the tech sector to develop solutions for nonprofit challenges;
o Increasing nonprofits' exposure to "disruptive"/innovative technology that could substantially change the way they do business;
o Creating fertile ground for the development of potential partnerships/initiatives among various stakeholders; and
o Engaging entrepreneurs, government and the philanthropic community to invest in these initiatives.
· Promote Center4 in the nonprofit and tech communities
· Conceptualize and organize roundtables, educational sessions, workshops, and seminars
· Plan and execute hackathons and other events that focus on developing technology solutions for challenges in the nonprofit sector
· Develop and implement a new kind of business accelerator that will engage technologists, investors and other key stakeholders
· Recruit and develop staff for Center4
· Staff and work closely with the Center4 Advisory Board
Education/ Skill/ Experience:
· 7-10 years of experience with start-up business, entrepreneurial ventures or equivalent
· Proven experience and knowledge of current and emerging technology
· Superior interpersonal skills and ability to engage and work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
· Ability to "translate" between the for-profit and nonprofit sectors
· Superior project and staff management skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Superior oral and written communication skills
· Interest in strengthening the nonprofit sector; actual nonprofit experience/familiarity a bonus
· MBA preferred
Salary/Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience; 4 weeks paid vacation, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plan, among others.
To apply: Please submit resume and thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com. YouTube videos (2-5 minutes) making the case for why you are a match for this position are optional/encouraged.
About Center4: Accelerating Innovation for Social Good
Center4's mission is to be New York City's place of choice for social entrepreneurs, investors and the public, private and nonprofit sectors to collaborate and accelerate technology innovation and other capacity-building strategies that strengthen the nonprofit health and human service sector and benefit the social good. For more information, please visit www.center4.com.
About FEGS Health and Human Services
FEGS, established in 1934, is one of the largest and most diversified health and human service organizations in the country, helping more than 100,000 New Yorkers annually to achieve greater success, independence and dignity at work, at school, at home and in the community. FEGS has an annual budget of $250 million, a workforce of more than 8,000 staff, interns and volunteers, and fourteen affiliate/subsidiary corporations, including AllSector Technology Group, Inc.®, which has been providing advanced technology solutions to the nonprofit industry since 1998. The FEGS network works in partnership with government, business, and the philanthropic and voluntary communities to deliver high quality programs and services in the areas of employment, education, youth and families, health, disabilities, housing and home care. FEGS inspires success in individuals and families and strengthens communities. For more information, please visit www.fegs.org.