SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAM MANAGER
Location: Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Experience: At least 4 years of experience, with a strong leadership track record in management, strategy, and program/project coordination. The ideal candidate will have direct experience with business incubation, entrepreneurship, or social investment.
Language: Fluency in Spanish is required. Preference will be given to native Spanish speakers
Education: Business, Economics, Finance, MBAs or relevant masters is ideal
Reports to: Executive Director
Period: 1 year (with possibility for contract extension) beginning January 2013
Compensation: Locally appropriate salary; commensurate with experience
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alterna is a Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, based in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala, that promotes entrepreneurial solutions to local development challenges. We incubate businesses and support local entrepreneurs that are creating lasting social, environmental, and economic benefits in their communities.
We are seeking an outstanding, hands-on program manager to lead the expansion of Alterna’s platform for inclusive social entrepreneurship in Guatemala. The program manager will work closely with Alterna’s Executive Director to develop and execute program strategy in a fast-paced multi-stakeholder environment. We are looking for someone who can embrace challenges and become a core leader in the organization.
The primary objectives for this position will be:
· Launch a new initiative to provide mentorship and accompaniment to cohorts of local social ventures
· Manage a growing portfolio of incubated businesses, and coordinate delivery of financing, business, and technical assistance
· Establish partnerships with local and international support intermediaries, universities, corporations, and funders
· Provide oversight for program staff, volunteers, and mentors
· Provide significant input into overall organizational strategy
A successful candidate will be a true change-maker with impeccable management skills that can help us to transform the emerging social entrepreneurship sector in Guatemala.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF WORK
· Manage an initial cohort of 6-8 social ventures, and establish a robust pipeline for subsequent cohorts
· Assemble and manage teams of fellows and mentors, matching them with incubated ventures according to their needs. Establish consultant-mentorship networks on a regional and international level.
· Develop a comprehensive support plan with each venture, identifying goals and co-creating paths towards their achievement
· Assist entrepreneurs with market assessment and business model/plan development
· Create strategic alliances to attract financing and support for current and future incubated businesses
· Communicate Alterna’s work and impact using our website, social networks, blogs, and developing case studies and reports.
· Ensure program sustainability through diversified fundraising and earned revenue opportunities
· Excellent analytic, management, and communication skills
· Financial proficiency is essential
· Understanding of social, environmental, and economic challenges in a developing world context
· Fluency in Spanish. Preference will be given to native Spanish speakers
· System thinker
· Goal oriented
· Passionate about making a difference
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by November 23 2012.