Location: Mombasa, Kenya
Term: 3 months
Start date: 4 February 2013
Key Objectives of Technical Feasibility Assessment:
1. Quantify the wastewater and fecal sludge flows to the proposed site, which will be co-located with an existing treatment plant
2. Analyze influent characteristics and variability: Solids concentration, metals concentrations, calorific value (samples will be collected and delivered to a local lab for analysis)
3. Quantify fecal sludge generation in Mombasa: map locations, daily collection rates, dumping locations
4. Assess performance and operational capacity of existing wastewater treatment plant
1. A MS in Civil Engineering (or related field)
2. Demonstrated understanding of wastewater treatment processes
3. Experience with water quality sampling
4. Proven ability to work independently
5. International work experience (desired but not required)
Applicants must submit a cover letter and CV (with three references), along with a writing sample that demonstrates experience with data collection and analysis.
Waste Enterprisers is fundamentally changing the structure and economics of the sanitation sector. By turning poop into fuel, we are transforming human waste management from a cost center to a profitable venture. Our product - GreenHeat - is a solid fuel made from fecal sludge. It's a renewable substitute for conventional fossil fuels, like coal, which we market to industrial clients. Learn more at: www.waste-enterprisers.com.