Learned By Me (learnedbyme.com), a global education-technology startup headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area seeks a marketing intern starting this winter. Learned By Me is launching its first product, a service that connects teachers from the developing world with students from the developed world for private online foreign language tutoring lessons, and needs a good intern or two to help figure out its best customer acquisition channels. In this role, you will be using serious amounts of left-brain and right-brain as you creatively test different marketing strategies and analyze which ones perform best. This is an internship position so high performers will be offered more permanent and paying positions within the company. We are open to both part-time and full time applicants working either out of our San Fransisco, CA office or remotely but we expect a minimum commitment of 10 hours / week.
You will help test and scale our initial marketing and distribution strategies. You will have excellent people and speaking skills, be a highly capable writer, and have the analytic chops to evaluate which strategies performed best. You are self-directed with excellent personal judgement.
· Create and test different marketing strategies
· Analyze the relative performance of each strategy
· University student or recent graduate
· Excellent people skills (some of the strategies you test will involve public speaking, interacting with customers and partners, and we need you to be an excellent representation of our company)
· Excellent writing skills – be able to create compelling content from blog posts to press releases to ad word blurbs
· Strong interest in education and / technology
· High degree of maturity and excellent judgment
· Prior experience with marketing or sales
· Demonstrated analytic skills or background
· Demonstrated interest or experience with web startups
This internship will be initially be unpaid. However, strong performers will be offered more permanent paid positions with our rapidly growing early stage startup.
To apply, please send a short email to email@example.com with the subject line: “Marketing – your name”. The email should include an attached resume and a short note about why you are a good fit for the role.