The Innovation Analyst provides project management expertise to support and advise the Senior VP, Innovation in all matters necessary for the effective operation of the Enterprise innovation platform, including supporting the broader innovation team and advancing innovation efforts throughout Enterprise. The Innovation team, which holds an evolving and expanding role within Enterprise, currently focuses on the following four priority areas:
•Drive innovation by leading 2-3 priority efforts and support innovation efforts lead by others
•Spot market changing and scaling opportunities both within and outside of Enterprise
•Highlight, track, and disseminate innovation work happening throughout Enterprise
•Ensure that Enterprise culture supports and inspires innovation internally and externally
This position requires solid communication, organizational, analytical, computer and administrative skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision. Strong judgment and frequent interaction with all levels of internal and external customers as well as the ability to work independently while managing significant innovation priorities are required.
The position reports to the SVP, Innovation and is located in our New York office located in the heart of the Financial District.
• Coordinates and implements special projects with innovation team members as well as other Enterprise leadership. Acts as SVP, Innovation’s liaison on matters pertaining to meetings and events.
• Represents SVP, Innovation at internal and external meetings and events. Attends operations, project and program-related meetings with or on behalf of the SVP, Innovation. Serves on various committees/task forces as needed.
• Assists in preparing materials, presentations and briefings for external and internal meetings, including Board of Directors, Senior Management, Philanthropic Partners, Public Officials and other special meetings.
• Regularly reviews SVP, Innovation’s calendar, priorities and goals, determines appropriate communication flow and action to move projects forward and achieve outcomes.
• Works with innovation team to promote innovation across all of Enterprise.
• Builds relationships with and provide excellent customer service to internal and external contacts important to advancing the innovation priorities.
• Coordinates the logistics of meetings, convenings, symposia and other events;
• Helps to develop the thought leadership and communication strategy for the innovation team.
• Support team efforts to track innovation throughout Enterprise and measure Innovation teams contribution.
• Other duties - Track paperwork, draft correspondence, respond to external requests for information and perform other duties/projects as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree, graduate degree preferred; plus three to five (3-5) years or more progressive experience in social venture, community-based or related organization or related position.
• Must possess excellent leadership and communications skills;
• Must be able to analyze, synthesize and translate, verbally and in writing, complex information to influence the process and explain results to parties inside and outside the organization;
• History of building effective, collaborative working relationships that are dependent upon mutual trust and confidence, integrity, forthright expression of opinions, discretion, good judgment, diplomacy, and confidentiality;
• History of working effectively with senior executives, using the access with discretion;
• Demonstrated ability to manage people and budgets required;
• Broad familiarity with community development, social venture, impact investing, innovation best practice, and/or design thinking;
• Practical, programmatic experience preferred and;
• Availability for moderate level of local and over-night travel.