- Digital Green
- San Francisco, CA
- Job Type
- Contact Information
The Finance Manager is a new role that will be responsible for the overall financial management of Digital Green’s small US office and our new USAID-supported, multi-country Developing Local Extension Capacity (DLEC) program. In addition, this role is critical in helping set up Digital Green for its next phase of growth by working closely with the global Finance Team based out of India and our Director of Growth on revisiting existing financial systems and processes to support an expanding global organizational presence.
The DLEC program responsibilities include financial monitoring and support/guidance to program staff to ensure the fiscal well-being of this project. This role will work closely with the DLEC program team in the US and with our Finance and Compliance Team in India.
The successful candidate will have strong analytical and management skills combined with the ability to influence, motivate, and negotiate with international teams. In addition, the candidate will have to demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and comfort with ambiguity.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
DLEC Financial Management:
– Develop and execute annual operating budgets for the DLEC program
– Lead monthly review of project expenses
– Assist with scenario planning for the DLEC program to determine trade-offs between different program paths
– Conduct analyses of level of effort and identify coverage shortage and/or additional recruitment needs
– Identify compliance risks related to expanding into new geographies
– Prepare budget modifications and realignment requests
DLEC Cost Allocation:
– Review bank statements, bank reconciliations and submitted expense reports to ensure all costs are reasonable, allocable and auditable
– Ensure appropriate sub-award management, including reviewing performance reports against sub-award documents and budgets. Review and approve payment requests to subgrantees, vendors and consultants
Systems Improvements and Compliance:
– Develop process for approving and monitoring spending (including LOE) to the DLEC program
– Train program staff on financial processes
– In coordination with Finance team, identify key risk areas and suggest mitigation strategies
– Support Finance team on key compliance issues, such as OMB A-133 audit
– Review key processes and work closely with Director of Growth to suggest improvements for scale and efficiency, while managing risk
Reporting and Analysis:
– Work with Finance and Program team on regular reporting for DLEC
– Provide cost share analysis and reporting
– Prepare budgets for proposals as part of the team’s response to Associate Award RFAs
– Develop cost modeling of Digital Green activities globally
– Prepare and submit ad hoc reports on portfolio financial status to senior management
– Calculate latest pipelines and burn rates for programs and that of partners.
– Prepare quarterly analysis of awards/contracts
US Office Accounting
– Work with US team and finance/compliance team in India on annual US team organizational budgets
– Manage the annual fiscal close for US office
– Establish and maintain a comprehensive, internal office control system.
– Assist in monitoring bank account and organize fund transfer.
– Reconcile Bank accounts and prepare monthly close in the US on monthly basis.
– Prepare for and participate in all financial reviews/audits required for the operation of the office and programs.
– Manage and report in-country capital assets along with the depreciation schedule in the accounting system every year.
– Support in preparation of financial statements for the organization.
– Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field
– CPA certification
– Minimum 10 years related work experience
– Experience working in fast paced and high growth environments
– Experience in budgeting and financial analysis for USAID funded projects preferred
– Experience with Quickbooks
– Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Excel
– Experience managing field-based projects in an international organization
– Knowledge of applicable tax regulations
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a title Finance Manager in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of applicant response, not all applicants may receive a response from Digital Green. Digital Green is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.