The theme of the 2017 Advancing Good Governance seminar, which will take place at Rhodes House, Oxford on 8 and 9 June 2017, is ‘Risk, Governance and the Challenge of Migration.’ Recent crises linked to refugee flows and migration have exposed the failure of current models of global governance to address a highly complex spectrum of risks, including xenophobia, political unrest, corruption and poverty. The 2017 seminar will take a focused look at the specific political, developmental, economic, security and humanitarian risks arising from the refugee and migration crises, and consider new models of governance which might be able to sustainably address those risks and resolve the root causes creating such risks. More information to come.
Waterpreneurs is co-organizing this event with WaterVent and the United Nations World Intellectual Property Organization’s “WIPO GREEN : The Marketplace for Sustainable Technology”.
WIPO GREEN will host the event that will bring together various water & sanitation stakeholders over the course of two days (entrepreneurs, investors, large and small companies, non-governmental organizations, UN agencies, incubators) who are contributing to achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal number 6.
The objectives of the event are to:
- Create visibility for entrepreneurs in the water sector in order to enable them to reach impact investors;
- Promote the transfer of innovative water technologies and innovative business models in emerging markets and developing countries;
- Facilitate connections to catalyse collaborations
The event is particularly relevant for:
- Small and Medium Enterprises with interests in the water & sanitation sectors
- Multinational companies with interests in the water & sanitation sectors
- Investors (banking, asset management, private banking, corporate companies)
- Water & sanitation institutions (foundations, coalitions, NGOs)
- International organisations, national governments
- Universities / incubators / research institutions
- UN Agencies with interest in WASH and IWRM
Are you a world expert in:
Water, sanitation and related development issues?
Sustainable Development Goals?
Access to basic services for low income populations?
Business and human rights?
Market based solutions?
Decentralized business models?
On June 8, 2017, entrepreneurs with innovative water and sanitation technologies and business models looking for investments will be pitching to prospective investors, including clean-tech venture capitalists, private equity and corporate investors.
Themes of the day:
- The American way of dealing with water issues
- The Israeli way of dealing with water issues
- Universities & foundations from Europe and Israel
- Clean & Water Tech Clusters
- Institutions supporting new water technologies
- Water tech Investors (Financial Investors)
On June 9, 2017, the Open Forum will provide the opportunity for meaningful interactions about Technologies, Business and Human Rights amongst water experts, impact investors, social entrepreneurs, multinational corporations, NGOs and UN agencies.
Themes of the day :
- Water and sanitation in the circular economy
- Water Energy Food Health nexus
- Smart water & sanitation technologies (data leveraging, data monitoring)
- Sustainable ecosystems for water & sanitation entrepreneurs: from ideation to maturity
- Hybrid business models applied to development & emergencies
- Blended/Innovative Finance.
Register via the form provided at http://www.waterpreneurs.net/innovate4water-geneva-2017.