Solve at MIT is the annual flagship Solve event, which takes place on MIT’s campus. The Solver class presents their solutions to Solve Challenges, and participates in workshops with Solve members to develop partnerships to pilot and implement the solutions. The next set of Solve Challenges are also workshopped at this event.
Solve at MIT will feature our selected Solver class, as well as the foremost leaders from corporations, foundations, nonprofit organizations, government, academia, and the media. The Solve community is united by a common goal: partnering to implement the best solutions to the world’s most pressing problems.
- Five plenary sessions: Panel discussions featuring top speakers.
- Challenge workshops: Working sessions that focus on Solve’s current and new challenges, with the aim of developing partnerships to pilot and scale solutions.
- Salon Dinners: Facilitated intimate dinners that encourage group conversation around a specific topic.
And if you can’t join in person, you’ll be able to watch our plenary sessions right here on the Solve at MIT 2018 page during the event.
The Health Finance & Governance (HFG) Project, funded by USAID and led by Abt Associates, is a six-year (2012–2018), global project designed to improve health finance and health governance systems, leading to expanded access to health care and better health outcomes.
The HFG Project will host the second of three webinars on health resource tracking entitled, Making Numbers Count: Choosing the Right Methodology to Estimate Health Expenditure. Experts from across the globe will discuss similarities and differences of various resource tracking methodologies and the factors to consider when selecting a methodology.
- Thomas Mbeeli, Deputy Director of Planning, Ministry of Health and Social Services, Namibia
- Gemini Mtei, Health Financing Specialist, Public Sector Systems Strengthening Project,Tanzania
- Tesfaye Dereje, Health Financing Advisor, Health Finance and Governance Project, Abt Associates
- Shipra Srihari, Associate, Health Finance and Governance Project, Abt Associates
When: May 16, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. EST