The international community is in agreement about the imperative for generating large scale private sector finance and deploying these funds towards development challenges. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a succinct set of aspirational goals. Impact investment, with its dual focus on financial returns and social impact, has the potential to contribute to achieving the SDGs. In this webinar, we will discuss with leaders in the impact investment community:
- Approaches to building collaboration across divides and cultures that separate large institutional investors, specialist impact investment firms, philanthropies and development finance institutions DFIs
- Status report on efforts to gain traction on applying impact investment principles to global development
- Perspectives on ensuring good governance of the global impact investment community, to better achieve adherence and commitment to accountability, representation and diversity
- Track record and good practice in extending field building efforts to under-reached areas of the world and an understanding of the enabling factors to encourage impact investment
- Communication strategies to capture the attention of millennials and youth
This webinar is the final in a series of three programs focused on diversity, inclusion and accountability in impact investment designed in collaboration with Gillian Marcelle of Resilience Capital Ventures LLC. For more information on the series, visit this link.