Join us in an inspirational conversation with Ben Carpenter, CEO of Social Value International at (SVI) Social Value International. SVI is a network of networks, united by a shared mission to change the way the world accounts for value.
The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals Report from 2017 cites that “the rate of progress in many areas is far slower than needed to meet the targets by 2030,” flagging the urgency to accelerate action. While working hard towards achieving global goals, how can we prevent overclaiming?
Topics of discussion:
What is Sustainable Development Goals Washing?
Why is it essential to avoid SDG washing?
What is a good Impact Management practice for SDG alignment?
How to take actionable steps for longterm learning?
What role Social Value International and Impact Management Project play in preventing SDG washing?
Ben Carpenter, CEO
Social Value UK
Social Value International
Founder and CEO
This program is a Live Webinar & Q&A that is accessible from any web-enabled computer or mobile device.
At CASE at Duke, our mission is to build impact leaders and help entrepreneurs scale their impact. We have been thinking about what we can do, quickly, to help entrepreneurs, whom we believe in so much, and those that support them.
From now through April 8, we are making our online toolkit, CASE Smart Impact Capital, FREE for all who wish to register. Once you register, you’ll have six months of free access to the entire toolkit.
What is CASE Smart Impact Capital?
- Professional, video-based online training products produced by CASE at Duke University
- Operating since 2016, with expert input from hundreds of investors & entrepreneurs from around the world
- Helping more than 25,000 visitors strategize, target and close the right deal
- Bite-sized, globally relevant, with a 94% satisfaction level
- Used by nearly 50 partners, who include some of the best accelerators, networks and universities in the world.
It’s a scary time around the world, including, but certainly not limited to, stock market volatility and COVID-19 fears. We want to help you make the best long-term decisions regarding your investments so that you have the capital you need, when you need it. We are hosting a webinar to enable you to hear directly from Green Alpha’s portfolio managers Garvin Jabusch and Jeremy Deems, and ask them questions in real time. They will share their thoughts on a variety of topics, including:
- why our client accounts have been fossil fuel free since our inception in 2008, and why that matters now more than ever,
- why we have always, and will always, seek technology and innovation-oriented solutions to our greatest system-level risks, across sectors and market cap sizes,
- how our portfolios are performing,
- why equity investments remain important to achieving long-term financial goals, and
- why investors should consider actively-managed portfolios vs passive investment vehicles.
The webinar is scheduled for an hour, with prepared remarks planned for the first 30 minutes, and the full second half reserved for your questions.
- Wednesday, April 8th
- 10am Mountain time (9am Pacific, Noon Eastern)
As the world battles the COVID-19 pandemic, large amounts of philanthropic dollars are being marshalled to support frontline clinicians and health care workers, researchers, and others striving locally, nationally, and internationally to address the virus’ impact on our communities. Funders and grantees are trying to better understand the immediate- and long-term needs of the nonprofit sector.
In this complimentary SSIR Live! webinar, we will explore how resources are being deployed in local communities across the United States and around the world to support organizations combating the new coronavirus.
Time: 11 am -12 pm PT / 2-3 pm ET