#Heifertogether Live Chat: Why Smallholder Farmers Are the Answer to Resilient Food and Farming Systems
Former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Dan Glickman will join Heifer International President and CEO Pierre Ferrari to discuss why government support for smallholder farmers is key to scaling up localized food systems that are more resilient in times of crisis.
Time: 12:00 PM EDT
This webinar is focused on evaluating the ways in which COVID-19 has impacted social incubators across India. We also shed light on the problems faced by incubators in each sector- Agribusiness, Health, Energy, Education & Employability and highlight the effects of this pandemic on incubators supporting women entrepreneurs and/or women beneficiaries.
The agenda of this session is to facilitate cross-learning among socent incubators and their stakeholders to evaluate the status quo and brainstorm the way forward.
Topic: Covid-19: The Incubators Roundtable
Date: 29 May 2020
Time: 1700 – 1800 IST
1. Premnath Venugopalan, Director, Venture Center
2. Sucharita Eashwar, Founder, Catalyst for Women Entrepreneurship (CWE)
3. Karthik Chandrasekar, Founder, Sangam Ventures
4. Priyanka Agarwal Chopra, COO & Managing Partner Seed Investing, CIIE.CO, IIM Ahmedabad
5. Srikant Sastri, Chairman of the Board, IIM Calcutta Innovation Park