This year, join us at SOCAP Virtual: A Global Impact Summit, the leading virtual gathering of global changemakers addressing the world’s toughest challenges through market-based solutions.
- Democratize content more than ever before. SOCAP Open launches next week! Stay tuned for themes and get ready to submit your ideas. Your imagination is truly the limit on session formats. Check out our virtual event formats for ideas.
- Smaller virtual events and formats will allow you to really dig into a theme by having access to live and recorded content before, during, and after the main event.
- The SOCAP Social Entrepreneur Scholarship application process will open in June. Be inspired and learn from enterprises around the world.
- Connect, radically collaborate, and catalyze with many of the leading organizations in the impact investing community, mission-driven companies, and corporations seeking to move the needle and inspire greater investment in positive impact.
- Participate with innovators, thought leaders, businesses, and investors from around the world in connection opportunities ranging from intimate fireside chats to virtual workshops.
- Join the Digital Pavilion with interactive sponsor booths and a robust marketplace.
- Networking opportunities in one-on-one and small meeting formats, hosted by a partner or on your own.
- Local watch parties. Our hope is that by this fall we will be able to gather in smaller groups. Activate and mobilize local impact ecosystems by beaming SOCAP Virtual to your community. Updates with details and opportunities coming soon.
With a growing number of Fintech platforms and increased digitalization infiltrating the microfinance industry, the pressure to adapt and implement these technologies in order to stay competitive and innovative puts MFIs to the test. While some microfinance industries excel at digitalization, others struggle to keep up. Part of the challenge of technological transformation is the widespread skepticism of leaving behind traditional operations to adopt more digital ways of working. How well the industry has adapted to these changes and challenges varies from region to region and opens a multitude of possibilities to learn and start shifting from the basics to more complex areas of digitalization.
Changing social expectations, like increased gender equality, and unprecedented external factors, like the outbreak of COVID-19, have major influences on the operational success of MFIs around the APAC region and have become common points of concern. This conference will be a platform for experts and industry professionals operating within microfinance to convene, network, and share knowledge and experiences. The common themes and topics of discussion will include the difficulties of digitalization and key trends for microfinance industry-players, challenging traditional working systems and innovating, and becoming more agile to changing external factors.