IDB Lab, the IDB Group’s innovation laboratory, together with the IDB and Ecorys, will launch the results of the landmark study on Social Impact Bonds (SIBs) in Latin America and the Caribbean. A group of leading international and regional experts will discuss the main findings and analyze how these innovative mechanisms have been structured in countries in the region as well as their potential for scale to improve the outcomes of social programs and achieve a more effective use of public resources.
The event will be closed by the President of Colombia, Iván Duque Márquez and the President of the IDB, Mauricio Claver-Carone.
- Irene Arias, CEO, IDB Lab
- Marcelo Cabrol, Manager Social Sector, IDB
Presentation of the Study by the Authors
- James Ronicle, Director, Ecorys UK
- Alma Agustí, Senior Associate, Instiglio Inc.
Panel of International Experts
- Avnish Gungadurdoss, CEO and Founding Partner, Instiglio Inc.
- Marta Garcia, International Business Director, Social Finance UK
- Miquel de Paladella, CEO, Upsocial
- Zach Levey, CEO, Levoca Impact Labs
Moderator: Cesar Buenadicha, Discovery Unit Chief, IDB Lab
Panel of In-county Actors of the Regional SIB Ecosystem
- Alejandra Candia, Undersecretary of Social Assessment, Ministry of Social Development and Family, Chile
- Daniel Uribe, Executive Director, Fundación Corona, Colombia
- Fabiana Oliver, Head of Impact and Sustainability, Puerto Asis Investments, Argentina
- Irina Alberro, Payment by Results and Financial Inclusion Specialist, Henderson & Alberro, Mexico
- Leonardo Letelier, CEO, SITAWI, Brazil
Moderator: Mariel Sabra, Lead Specialist Discovery, IDB Lab
- Mauricio Claver-Carone, President, IDB
- Iván Duque Márquez, President, Colombia
Event via zoom.
**The event will be in Spanish with English translation.
Time: 10:00 AM EDT