COVID-19 has catalyzed unprecedented changed globally, the digital finance industry included. Since we cannot gather together in Maputo in 2020, Mondato is hosting a webinar series tackling the discussion of “The New Normal” across our industry, showcasing how governments, service providers, investors and regulators are confronting the challenges and opportunities presented by the global pandemic.
- 14:00 – 14:10 – Welcome & Introductory Remarks
- Judah Levine – Chief Executive Officer, Mondato
- 14:10 – 14:40 – Fireside Chat, Digital Health as an Enabler of Financial Inclusion
- Betty Wilkinson – Chief Executive Officer, Financial Sector Deepening Zambia (Moderator)
- Derrick Muneene – Director, ai, Digital Health & Innovation, World Health Organization
- Vivian Nwakah – Founder, Medsaf
- Joshua Haynes – Founding Partner, Masawa
- 14:40 – 15:20 – Panel Discussion, Innovative Approaches to Digitizing Payments in a COVID-Altered Africa
- Jaco Fourie – Managing Director for Africa, Mambu
- Sandra Hua Yao – Senior Vice President – Africa, Thunes
- Leven Ramparsad – Product Owner, TYME
- 15:20 – 15:30 – Q&A and Closing Remarks
Time: 14h00 – 15h30, South Africa Standard Time (GMT+2)
- 14:00 – 14:10 – Welcome & Introductory Remarks
Join us for the second installment of their hybrid training series, “High Impact Hybrid with Heather Mason: Question Everything” on Thursday, September 30th, 12:00-1:30pm PST.
In their first “High Impact Hybrid” call, they learned how to create legal, executable and equitable health and safety plans. During this call, Heather will focus on taking inventory and challenging assumptions about the what, the how, and who of hybrid convenings. Heather will dare participants to dig deep and question EVERYTHING in order to find what should truly drive your event. When they question all their assumptions, from what their audience needs, to how they need to deliver content, to what is the purpose of in-person anyway, they start to arrive at counterintuitive and insightful conclusions.
During this session, they will:
- Radically evaluate the goals, needs and values of your hybrid event, from audience to engagement, interactivity and entertainment.
- Gather your true inventory – no magical thinking here!
- Explore delivery methods through Heather’s Hybrid Matrix: The 13 Types of Hybrid
- Analyze and leverage hybrid assets and tools
Expect radical thought leadership and cutting-edge resources that will profoundly change the way you think about and execute your hybrid events.
Thank you to all who attended their first hybrid training call, “High Impact Hybrid with Heather Mason: Health + Safety Plans” on August 24th. If you missed it, check out their video recap at this link.
Time: 3:00 PM—4:30 PM EDT
Shift Conversations is a series of free live-streamed events. These panels, small group conversations, and workshops will feature cross-sector leaders having intimate, insightful conversations about the present and future of the social impact movement. Join them to learn from the wisdom and lived experience of some of the most highly respected thinkers and actors in the social and environmental impact ecosystem.
With floods, wildfires, and extreme weather events on the rise, we know that the climate crisis is here and the time for action is now. Entrepreneurs are scaling solutions and impact investors are mobilizing capital. Many of them in the impact space wonder if we should address the climate emergency by focusing on resilience and adaptation or on preventing additional warming. Both of these critically important approaches need to be funded, but what’s working? What’s not working? How can we make the greatest impact in the least amount of time?
In this Shift Conversation, they’re going to look at some of the most impactful ways that investors are allocating capital to build resiliency and adapt to solve the challenges we face from their changing climate today while also directing capital towards the prevention of additional warming tomorrow.
Nicole Davis, a Partner and Senior Wealth Manager at Veris Wealth Partners, will lead this conversation with a variety of actors in the impact space to uncover some of the most promising approaches to stop warming, reduce CO2, and bring about a just and equitable transformation of their global economy so we can transition away from fossil fuels while building resilience in the frontline communities that are already facing the worst impacts of climate change.
Veris Wealth Partners is a wealth management firm with a 100% focus on impact investing. Addressing climate change has been one of the firm’s core investment themes since its inception.
- Nicole Davis – Partner, Veris Wealth Partners
- Alex Amouyel – Executive Director, MIT Solve
- Christian Okoye – Partner, Sidewalk Infrastructure Partners (SIP)
- Geoff Eisenberg – Partner, Ecosystem Integrity Fund
- Melissa Weigel – Senior Director of Investment, NatureVest