Catalyzing Climate Finance for Low-Carbon Agriculture Enterprises
Rural households in low- and middle-income countries working in the agriculture sector feed much of the world, bear little responsibility for driving climate change, and are being disproportionately impacted by climate-related shocks. Climate finance represents a critical opportunity to bring investment and innovations to agricultural settings to improve resilience and low-carbon development.
Join an all-star panel of climate investors and researchers, moderated by Jonathan Phillips from Duke University, for a discussion about the climate mitigation and adaptation impacts of low-carbon agricultural technologies and enterprises, and how pioneering models aim to leverage those impacts to mobilize climate finance for scale.
• Daniela Chiriac, Climate Policy Initiative
• Victoria Plutshack, Duke University
• Jonathan Casey, Commercial Agriculture for Smallholders and Agribusiness
• Tanya Kothari, Shell Foundation
• Chiara Trabacchi, British International Investment plc
• Rebecca Mincy, Acumen Resilient Agriculture Fund
• Tara Guelig, The Lightsmith Group
• Hannah Reed, The Gates Foundation
• Gareth Phillips, African Development Bank
Register below to join us Thursday, May 5th from 10:00-11:15am ET!
Learn more about the work here: https://energyaccess.duke.edu/catalyzing-climate-finance/
Time: 10:00 AM ET
Date: Thursday, May 5, 2022