World Bank Mission Billion Challenge: WURI West Africa Prize Webinar
Want to learn more about applying to the World Bank Group’s Mission Billion Challenge: WURI West Africa Prize powered by MIT Solve? Join our webinar on July 14th at 9:30am ET-New York to learn about:
- What is the Mission Billion Challenge and the WURI West Africa Prize?
- What is the West Africa Unique Identification for Regional Integration and Inclusion (WURI) program?
- Why did the World Bank launch the WURI West Africa Prize?
- What type of solutions is the WURI West Africa Prize looking for?
- What are some of the important criteria for the Challenge?
- What is the timeline for the Challenge?
- How do I participate in the Challenge?
- What support will the WURI West Africa Prize finalists and winners receive?
About the Mission Billion Challenge:
On May 27th, the World Bank Group launched the second Mission Billion Challenge powered by MIT Solve, in partnership with the Identification for Development (ID4D) Initiative and the West Africa Unique Identification for Regional Integration and Inclusion (WURI) program.
The Mission Billion Challenge offers $150,000 in cash prizes for solutions that make identification systems and social protection programs more accessible and responsive to the needs of vulnerable groups, such as informal workers, particularly at a time when countries seek to leverage digital technologies and platforms to deliver services to persons affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- WURI West Africa Prize: How can informal sector workers in West Africa more easily participate in social protection programs?
Time: 9:30 AM – 10:45 AM EDT
Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2020