2016 MBA Fellow (Kenya)
- Student Finance Africa (SFA)
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Are you ready to work for a dynamic educational Fintech company with a vision to offer affordable loans to millions of African students who are pursuing post-secondary degrees. A company that will disrupt the student loan space across Africa; a company that is customer-centered in its approach including working in partnership with students, parents, and universities to ensure the best outcomes for university students?
Student Finance Africa or (“SFA”) is the first dedicated private student finance company in sub-Saharan Africa that lends to students who wish to pursue post secondary education, and the parents of those students, who will act as a cosigner. We believe in the power of tertiary education to transform African economies. Many young Africans face a common challenge; without access to tertiary education or to professional training, they cannot successfully transition from secondary school to productive employment. Fewer than 8% of Africans attend university, often because of inadequate access to education financing. We are changing that dynamic.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
The Summer 2016 MBA Fellow will work closely with the SFA team on a number of operational and strategic initiatives, such as:
• The design and structuring of SFA\’s lending process within the context of our educational partnerships (e.g., Universities, vocational schools, etc.) including developing innovative ways for loan origination and collection
• Developing financial models for various purposes, which may include raising investor capital, monitoring a pilot lending program, etc.
• Develop and support strategy; research and analysis on country targets to deepen understanding of operating environments and potential business/education partners
• Implement tools and processes to enhance our approach to developing strategic partnerships including developing ideas about how to work with some of the largest companies in the world with interest in education in Africa!
The ideal candidate has 5-10 years of professional experience in financial analysis/modeling, an understanding of the credit markets, and/or has worked in the field of management consulting. We are seeking an individual who is interested in creating (and delivering) innovative, market-based solutions for the developing markets – particularly in the field of Education and Fintech – and is familiar with advancements in Fintech, mobile money, and lending models in an emerging market context. Prior experience living and/or working in Africa is also preferred, but not required.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please send your resume and a detailed cover letter to hireme@studentfinanceafrica.