2017 Leadership Development Program
- MPOWER Financing
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Full time
- Where to Apply
MPOWER Financing is a small, rapidly growing, early stage financial technology start-up with offices in Washington, DC and New York, NY. We enable students from around the world to attend top U.S. universities by removing financial barriers to higher-education. Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields – all passionate about access to higher-education and financial inclusion. As a FinTech startup funded by a prominent private equity firm, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges to economic mobility. We work hard, have fun, and believe in our mission. For us, it’s personal.
The MPOWER Leadership Development program serves as an opportunity for early career and pre-graduate school professionals to gain a holistic sense of how MPOWER operates as a complete business unit. This is a two year rotational program that will put the LDP Analyst on the management track. Mentorship, guidance, and professional development activities will be provided by business unit heads during this program.
The LDP Analyst will spend 4-6 months contributing to various MPOWER business units (Operations, Product Development, Credit, Marketing, Engineering, Capital Markets, Human Resources, Finance, and Strategy) by owning and implementing specific projects and providing support on ad-hoc tasks and analytical activities.
This is an ideal position for an early career professional who is interested in pursuing opportunities in a global and entrepreneurial setting while tackling barriers to socio-economic advancement.
– Completion of a bachelor’s or master’s degree by July 2017
– Previous internship, part-time, or full-time professional experience (1-3 years)
– Superior analytical, written, verbal, and presentation skills
– Well-organized, detail oriented, and ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
– Ability to move between strategic thinking and details
– Passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must!
– In addition, you should be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.
Please note: This application is for our August 2017 cohort.