2019 International Fellowship
- Mexico City, Mexico; Jakarta, Indonesia; Bangalore, India; Johannesburg, South Africa
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
APPLICATIONS DUE JANUARY 25, 2019
PayJoy’s mission is to deliver access to technology and modern, mobile services to underserved communities in emerging markets.
PayJoy will offer two year-long International Fellowships for 2019 to exceptionally talented individuals with a passion for using business to improve quality of life for people in emerging markets worldwide.
Fellows will serve two 6-month rotations in two of PayJoy’s international regional offices: Mexico City, Mexico; Jakarta, Indonesia; Bangalore, India; and, Johannesburg, South Africa. Fellows will help launch and scale PayJoy’s initiatives within their region, facilitating knowledge transfer between the two regions, and contributing their expertise and abilities in related fields.
Fellows will first complete initial onboarding with the company CEO covering global strategy and vision, and will then report to the regional General Manager, serving as point lead for major initiatives including new country launches and scaling existing projects from early to mid stage.
Responsibilities will be tailored to the region and background of the Fellow, and may include:
- Market research and comparative analysis of opportunities and partner companies within the region.
- Business development meetings, liaising with major corporate partners on joint initiatives.
- Operations management, analyzing and optimizing the in-store experience or the customer experience.
- User experience research directly speaking with customers and analyzing technical user logs to understand and optimize the user flow through PayJoy products.
- Product marketing and product management tailored to the local market, in coordination with senior functional leads in these areas.
- Bachelors + 2-5 years experience or Masters degree + 1-3 years experience from top world-class university, in a field relevant to international development, business, or technology.
- Experience in one or more developing country outside of the US.
- Demonstrated excellence at the highest level of global talent and ability.
Housing allowance and living stipend (depending on location).