- Jacaranda Health
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Jacaranda Health aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa. We have a busy maternity hospital in Nairobi that has been globally recognized as one of the highest quality facilities in Africa and a regional hub for innovation in maternal health. Our ambition is to expand into a chain of high-quality affordable centers of excellence.
We are hiring for a talented and ambitious start-up CEO of our healthcare services division, which includes our hospital and community-facing operations. We seek someone with an entrepreneurial attitude who can manage a healthcare business profitably, maintain our commitment to world-class care, continue expanding our amazing team of 80, and lead expansion of facilities in Kenya and beyond. The job presents an opportunity to lead one of the most innovative healthcare operations in East Africa, build a health system that will make an impact on the health of mothers and babies in the region, and demonstrate that it is possible to deliver high-quality care that is affordable for all moms. This also involves an opportunity to partner with our non-profit wing that does healthcare innovation research and works with government and academic institutions to replicate our best practices in improving quality of maternal healthcare.
– Strategic planning, growth and expansion: Guide the organization’s strategy and business model, and build a strong team capable of executing on our goals at scale. Help evaluate and drive investments for new clinics and scale-up models, for bringing new services to the market. – Work with the board to secure investment for expansion, and manage growth of a hospital network.
– Business and financial leadership: Ensure that we are on track with goals for profitability, overall P&L oversight, work with our finance team to strengthen financial systems and controls, and drive cycles of forecasting, procurement, and budgeting. Build our electronic systems – such as point of sale, inventory, and ERP – and business analytics.
– Service delivery and quality: Maintain our reputation as the highest quality maternity care in East Africa, and work with the clinical team to ensure that we stay on the cutting edge of clinical governance, patient safety, compliance, and the overall delivery of high quality, cost effective services to customers. Create a culture of ongoing performance improvement, patient-centeredness, and consistency of quality of service provision.
– Human resources and talent growth: Oversee Jacaranda’s talent strategy. Work closely with the team on long-term planning, incentive structures, and acquiring and developing great people. Mentor and develop the management team and prepare them to lead. Help build an organizational culture that is inclusive, mission-driven, and ambitious – where all staff, whatever their background and role, feel supported and engaged and put the needs of patients first.
– Strategic Relationships: Manage strategic relationships with key external stakeholders: our board, investors, referral institutions, academic research partners, insurers, and government partners.
– Bachelor’s Degree; Masters preferred
– Professional qualifications in health systems management, strategic management or finance;
– At least ten (10) years’ experience leading significant teams, and great people management skills — the ability to mentor a senior team and build a strong organizational culture;
– The attitude and enthusiasm of a start-up entrepreneur: this is not a “behind-the-desk” job — you will be working hand in hand with a dedicated clinical team running a 24/7 operation, and will need to respond to emergencies, meet deadlines, and inspire investors. You should be as excited to be on the floor with the team and patients as in a boardroom.
– A robust understanding of business dynamics of the health sector in East Africa
*Excellent financial management with the skills to:
*Interpret and derive business insight from financial statements
*Oversee finance and accounting teams: budgeting, financial controls, cost accounting
*Develop financial models and projections for strategic planning
*Build financial fluency and responsibility among line managers
– Strong systems orientation: continue to improve on clinical and operational systems, marketing, policies and programs;
-Technology acumen to help make smart decisions around our business and clinical systems that support our services.
– Ability to engage and communicate strategically and build strong relationships with stakeholders;
– Public relations and stakeholder engagement skills.
Interested applicants may submit their applications via this link: https://jacaranda-health.