6 Week Volunteer Programme for Business Professionals
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Job Type
- Volunteer Position
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
We are recruiting skilled professionals to join us in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – one of the most exciting places to be on earth this year!
Join us on our unique 6 week volunteer programme and apply your business skills to support exciting young entrepreneurs in Rio who are making a positive impact in their communities.
Rio de Janeiro: 29th October – 10th December 2016
After conducting a pre-programme needs assessment, we match you with a client who requires to skills and experience you have.
You\’ll then receive one week of training which will prepare you for your role as a Social Impact Consultant. The training covers the essentials you need to know about global and local social entrepreneurship, basic consultancy tools and techniques, and an introduction to start up methods and cross cultural working.
In the second week you\’ll get started with your client. You’ll carry out your own needs assessment, work with your client to come up with objectives and then break down the stages of your consultancy work into a 5 week plan.
In additional to your consultancy work we aim to provide you an experience unlike other volunteer programmes. We focus on your learning and development to ensure that you enhance your skills, experience and knowledge. We passionately believe in the importance of your learning journey as a volunteer, as it’s through this learning that you will be better equipped to make change in your lives and others. Additional elements of the programme:
- Weekly peer to peer knowledge sharing workshops on business topics of your choice
- Weekly personal development workshops and 1:1 sessions to give you the time and space to reflect on your own personal development journey
- Weekly Headspace trips in the community so that you can soak up the local culture
Who will you be working with:
The clients you’ll be supporting will be a group of young, inspiring grassroots entrepreneurs who are working on interesting and impactful projects and enterprises. We work with Eixo Rio, a department within the State Secretariat in Rio. Their work involves developing and boosting cultural, creative and entrepreneurial projects and opportunities across Rio.
Who are you:
- You feel it’s time to share your skills and experience to make an impact in the world
- Or perhaps you want to immerse yourself in another culture, meet like minded people and take on a new challenge
- Maybe, you\’ve left your job or are thinking of leaving and want to explore different opportunities
- You’re looking to travel with purpose
- You want to gain new skills or work on your own personal development
- You want to make a change in your life and are looking for an experience that might spark that change, but you don\’t know where to start
- You want to learn about social entrepreneurship in Brazil which focus on sports, community development, as well as street level art
- Do you connect with any of these statements? Do you have 3+ years professional experience? If so then we’d love you to join us on this unique programme.
Once you have submitted your application we will get back to you within 5 working days. Successful candidates will then have an interview over Skype with the Country Programme Director. Places will go on a first come first serve basis so we recommend getting your application in as soon as possible. Portuguese speakers preferred but not essential.
This fee covers comfortable accommodation, supporting staff, training, wifi and weekly excursions.
A former Brazil Consultant says:
“The first week of Training was fast paced, exciting, innovative, and really challenged my current ways of thinking. This was invaluable for the next stage of working with clients, as I felt equipped with the right tools to help them overcome the challenges their projects faced. Being one of a multidisciplinary team from all over the world gave support, value and added lots of fun to the experience. Life is really what you make it, and this experience has left me with a new perspective, new friends, and a renewed energy to go and make a difference in the world. Bring it on!”
Louise Thomson, Former Corporate Fraud Investigator, UK.