Accion Gateway Fund Summer Associate
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Accion Gateway makes equity investments in for-profit, commercial enterprises that provide financial services to micro entrepreneurs and small businesses in developing countries, with the goal of building sustainable and scalable institutions and eventually enabling a financially inclusive world. As an investor, Accion takes significant minority positions (20% to 40%) in these entities and plays an influential role in the strategic direction, governance and management of the portfolio companies. Investee companies may be early stage or mature and most are microfinance institutions.
The Gateway team is a small and entrepreneurial group that is responsible for working with the regional teams to identify investments, execute deals in cross functional teams, lead negotiations with investee companies and co-investors, raise capital for investments and portfolio companies, execute deal documentation, track investments and, at the appropriate time, assist in orchestrating successful exits.
We are currently recruiting summer associates. The associates will be an integral part of the team and will be involved in Accion Gateway’s investing activities globally, including deal sourcing, analysis/diligence, transaction closing/process management, and post-investment support to investee companies. The role will be highly entrepreneurial and analytical, spanning emerging market investing, consulting/management, with a focus on financial inclusion.
• Provide analytical support to Senior Investment Officers on assessment of new investment opportunities, including completing prescreening analysis, conducting background research and financial modeling, and collecting/analyzing diligence documents
• Lead preparation of investment proposals for approval by Accion’s Board
• Participate in the investment process with a variety of financial analytics including the analysis of financial statements, financial projections and valuation of equity and debt transactions
• Prepare financial models and valuations in connection with proposed equity transactions
• Conduct market research on the financial inclusion industry (microfinance and adjacent industries) and general financial sector environments of prospective investment countries
• Assist in the negotiation of terms and conditions of equity investments in coordination with Senior Investment Officers
• Provide portfolio management support to investee enterprises, including performance evaluation, semi-annual valuations, capital raising, and leveraging Accion resources and expertise to benefit the investee
• Lead internal knowledge management efforts and learning agenda
• Candidate to MBA / MA in Finance / Economics
• Strong Excel skills in connection to financial projections & valuation analysis
• Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of related work experience (preferably in investment banking and/or private equity)
• Proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Demonstrated communication skills to include excellent oral and written English language skills and ability to communicate ideas effectively
• Cultural sensitivity / ability to interact effectively with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and multi-cultural environments.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and work with little supervision
• High level of initiative and motivation
Apply online: https://jobs-accion.icims.com/jobs/1673/accion-gateway-fund-summer-associate/login