Administrative Officer – Tanzania
- Fundacion Capital Tanzania
- Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
What are we offering?
Fundación Capital has recently established a branch in Tanzania and is therefore seeking an Operations Officer to fulfil administrative and financial responsibilities for our office and support our local projects for Fundación Capital. S/he will work from our office in Dar es Salaam (Tanzania) and work under the supervision and guidance of Tanzania Office Representative and the Chief Financial Officer. We will provide a competitive consultancy fee under a 12 month service provision contract that is open to a longer-term employment perspective. On offer is an entrepreneurial and challenging position with lots of opportunity to turn ideas into reality, working alongside an inspiring, diverse and international team to create a better tomorrow for millions living in poverty.
Who are we?
Fundación Capital (FundaK) is an international organization whose team works in 14 countries across Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa, with the mission of reducing poverty and advancing economic citizenship. We work in the design, development and implementation of innovative projects, with the goal of helping individuals living in poverty to build, grow, manage and protect their financial, human, physical and social assets. (www.fundacioncapital.org)
What are the tasks and responsibilities?
The position includes the following responsibilities within our branch in Tanzania, under the supervision and guidance of the Tanzania Office Representative and the Chief Financial Officer:
Administrative and financial tasks:
– Develop, implement, manage, monitor, improve an appropriate general framework for an efficient administrative and financial management of Tanzania FundaK.
– Implement the necessary accounting and financial tools and reporting mechanisms and prepare the administrative and financial reports of our projects.
– Manage the file of the administrative, financial, accounting and legal documents.
Perform the control of the payment process.
– Elaborate contracts and manage the file of human resources.
Operational tasks within FundaK´s projects:
– Support and facilitate the technical and organizational work of projects and directors, finding and structuring the necessary supporting technical information.
– Conduct field work as required to supervise operations and participate in project monitoring and evaluation activities.
– Set up a roster with possible partners and technical assistance consultants.
– Draft standard marketing messages; develop and maintain a marketing toolkit and coordinate awareness raising of programs to donors and other partners.
– Liaise and coordinate with FundaK staff involved with specific consultancies and project management.
Who are we looking for?
The person we are looking for should be:
– highly productive, motivated and goal-driven
– a self-starter that is entrepreneurially orientated
– a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
– creative and flexible
– willing to travel up to 20%
Languages: strong communication skills in Swahili and English (oral and written)
Skills & Knowledge:
– demonstrated organizational and project management skills
– publication-grade English writing skills
– knowledge on budgeting and financial reporting systems
– intermediate MS Excel skills
– research and analytical skills
– knowledge on human resource policy in Tanzania, especially on employee contracting and staff management
– at least four years of work experience in an NGO or small business setting;
– experience working across cultures
Education: Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or a similar field
How can you apply?
Please send us your CV and a concise cover letter in which you explain (1) your motivation to work with us, (2) why you would be a good addition to our team, as well as (3) salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date. Please note that only complete applications will be considered. Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Send your applications as soon as possible to recruiting@fundacioncapital.