Advisor for financial products and services in Vietnam (Human Resources Division)
- Développement international Desjardins (DID)
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Job Type
- 2-year, full-time assignment (beginning Sept. 2017)
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
DID is currently seeking an advisor for financial products and services to join its field team working on a technical assistance project targeting capacity building for the Cooperative Bank of Vietnam (Co-opBank) and its network of financial cooperatives, the People’s Credit Funds (PCFs). The mandate entrusted to DID involves coaching and advising the Co-opBank and its network of PCFs during a transformation and modernization process intended to increase their integration and performance. Specifically, DID supports its partners in organizational and operational assessment and capacity building with respect to governance, management/planning, supervision, risk management, training and development/deployment of new financial products/services, in particular for clients in rural areas. This five-year project (2016-2021) is financed by Global Affairs Canada.
Working under the supervision of the Field Project Director, the advisor’s main responsibility consists of offering suitable financial products and services to rural clienteles, especially women, by analyzing their needs, developing and deploying a service offer and by supporting Co-opBank and its network in the definition and implementation of a capacity building plan. More specifically, the advisor will:
• Provide expertise, recommend strategies and solutions to Co-opBank for the development, structuring and organization of the PCF financial service offer to rural entrepreneurs and small farmers, including credit, savings, payments, mobile banking, eServices, etc.
• Advise Co-opBank in developing marketing and business plans adapted to the needs of the PCF network
• Support the development and implementation of tools and instruments to evaluate agricultural and rural client needs
• Carry out market studies, assess and analyze the needs of PCF members and rural clients, determine sector risks and network capacities.
• Design and develop financial and non-financial products and services adapted to the specific needs of rural populations. Deliver an integrated service offer
• Coordinate local employees and subcontractors involved in the implementation of activities related to the financial offer in the financial institutions.
• Develop standards, policies and procedures related to financial products and services, especially credit, and ensure effective implementation
• Provide training, coaching and transfer of expertise to Co-opBank and PCF staff.
• Bachelor degree in business administration or a related field.
• Five (5) years of related experience in rural finance and/or commercial products and services.
• Foreign work experience is an asset.
• Good knowledge of the cooperative financial sector is an asset.
• Experience in marketing financial products and services (research, design, planning, distribution, promotion).
• Fluent written and spoken French and English.
• Experience in team coordination and activities planning.
• Interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to transfer knowledge and expertise (training and coaching).
• Ability to work in ambiguous situations and adapt to different cultural environments
Développement international Desjardins (DID) has been working for 45 years to develop the inclusive finance sector in developing and emerging countries. Through its activities aimed at structuring and strengthening the sector and its institutions, DID targets increased access to diversified and secure financial services for all and the development of individual and collective wealth. Active in thirty countries on four continents, DID offers its partners a complete range of specialized solutions covering all facets of inclusive finance (savings, agricultural financial services, financing for entrepreneurs, technology, governance, legal framework, etc.). DID’s actions benefit some 10 million families and entrepreneurs around the world.