Advisory Services Intern
- International Executive Service Corps (IESC)
- Washington, D.C.
- Job Type
- Paid Internship for current or recent students
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Follow the link to apply: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IESCORG&cws=1&rid=325
The International Executive Service Corps (IESC) has an internship opportunity available within its Financial Services practice area. The intern will be paid $11.50 per hour for the assignment. The successful applicant must be able to commit to a minimum of 20-25 hours per week.
IESC is a private, not-for-profit organization that promotes economic growth in developing countries by supporting the development of private enterprises, business support organizations and public institutions. IESC’s financial services practice area manages programs around the world aimed at bridging financing gaps by working with micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and financial institutions.
IESC’s internship program is open to students in graduate and undergraduate programs. Students that have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program within 6 months of applying are eligible for the internship. Previous internship(s) and/or professional work experience preferred. Strong research and writing skills, and an ability to work independently are needed. Interest in knowledge of USAID policies and procedures is a plus.
- Intake and processing of potential clients and analysis of preliminary client information
- Develop financial models and projections for interpretation by team management
- Synthesize vast amounts of information collected from the client into a coherent investor information memorandum or loan application
- Assist with investor due diligence
- Participate in phone calls and meetings with potential and active clients to maintain and advance client engagements
- Prepare for and attend bi-weekly team meetings
- Provide general support for the advisory team
- Facilitate communication of team information via SharePoint
- Continue the development of advisory team operations manual
- Strong financial modeling, analysis and valuation skills
- Ability to evaluate business plans and experience in advising and assisting project sponsors to prepare investor pitch/documentation materials
- Strong understanding of the credit/investment underwriting process
- A strong communicator with a demonstrated history of interaction with international client
- Strong grasp of basic corporate finance and accounting concepts
- Detail oriented, able to juggle many moving parts of a project simultaneously
- Proactive, self-starter
- Independent researcher
- Works well on a diverse team
- Strong writer with ability to document processes
- 20 hour/week commitment
Preferred Candidates will have:
- Desire to be part of a mission-oriented organization
- Fluency in a second language (Spanish, French or Arabic a plus)
- Demonstrated success as part of a team
- Flexibility to contribute to other start-up aspects of the advisory team
To apply please click below. U.S. citizen or eligibility to work in the U.S. required. IESC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For information on how to apply, follow the link: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IESCORG&cws=1&rid=326