Affordable Private School Coordinator (Hyderabad, India)
- Hyderabad, India
- Job Type
- 12- 15 month contractual field–based role
- Contact Information
FSG is a mission-driven firm focused on creating large-scale, lasting social change. Through strategy, evaluation, and research we help many types of actors – individually and collectively – make progress against the world’s toughest problems. The FSG Mumbai office focuses on the Inclusive Markets practice area, and has deep experience of running programs in housing, water, sanitation and education.
Our teams work across all sectors by partnering with leading foundations, businesses, nonprofits, and governments in every region of the globe. We seek to reimagine social change by identifying ways to maximize the impact of existing resources, amplifying the work of others to help advance knowledge and practice, and inspiring change agents around the world to achieve greater impact.
As part of our nonprofit mission, FSG also directly supports learning communities, such as the Collective Impact Forum and the Shared Value Initiative, to provide the tools and relationships that change agents need to be successful.
About the Program to Improve Private Early Education (PIPE)
FSG launched PIPE in early 2015. This six year, multi-phase program seeks to address the fact that low-income households in India are increasingly demanding early childhood education (ECE) for their children, and are willing to pay for it, but are currently receiving extremely poor quality from the market. Recognizing the massive potential for social impact of high-quality ECE, the PIPE aims to help catalyze the scaling of affordable, high-quality, private sector ECE provision in urban India.
Phase 1 of the program was a foundational phase aimed at mapping the ecosystem for low-cost, high-quality ECE in Urban India. Phase 2, which started in November 2015, involves identifying innovative solutions, piloting them and working with organizations that can deliver such solutions at scale. Phase 3 will focus on scale delivery including the addressing of ecosystem scale barriers. We are looking to expand the team in Phase 2 as the program moves into piloting and implementation.
The program is supported by the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, Omidyar Network, UBS Optimus Foundation, Central Square Foundation, and the Douglas B. Marshall Jr. Family Foundation.
APS Coordinator (Hyderabad, India)
Over the past two years, PIPE has been engaged in understanding customers from low-income households and private solution providers to develop innovative interventions which can improve the quality of ECE offered in Affordable Private Schools (APSs). We are now looking to add individuals to the team who can help us observe the roll out of these interventions in schools, identify key challenges, and share insights with the PIPE team.
The role will predominantly require field-based outreach to the APSs
Including but not confined to the following:
• Sign-up new APSs for conducting research
• Manage grant processes for APSs – this will include (not limited to) visiting APSs, explaining the grants terms, raising invoice, troubleshoot in case of any challenge
• Manage APS relationships through the Academic year
• Observe classrooms, interview school owners and teachers; and parents
• Lead select engagement sessions with school (e.g. parent interaction session)
• Accompany key FSG / external staff (e.g. funders) for school visits
• Enter data from fieldwork in pre-approved formats
• Support the PIPE team with coordination and logistics for all program modules requiring field work (For e.g. creating a state of the market report)
• Be flexible in travelling to other metro cities for research purpose (if required)
• Prepare meeting materials from field work (if required)
• A minimum of an under-graduate degree
• Fluency in English and oral proficiency in Telugu and Hindi
• Willingness to relocate to Hyderabad
• Practical experience of working with school owners/principals, preferably as a service provider
• A background in sales/business development in the education sector
• The ability to think creatively and strategically across various program dimensions, including understanding school needs and playing an important role in intervention development
• Initiative, with the ability to work on their own and without much direction
• A passion for improving the educational outcomes and life-chances for under privileged children in urban India
• Excellent interpersonal skills in order to build and maintain relationships with the different stakeholders involved (teachers, principals, owners etc.)
• The emotional intelligence to inspire openness and trust with colleagues and external parties
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proficiency in the use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
To apply, send your CV along with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the opportunity to Rohit Daniel (Rohit.email@example.com) or Sana Kazi (firstname.lastname@example.org)