AFSD Technical Writer
- International Executive Service Corps
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
IESC is seeking a technical writer for an anticipated USAID project in Afghanistan focused on development finance. The technical specialists/writers (hereinafter “consultant”) will work closely with IESC’s new business team to respond to the RFP issued by USAID. The consultant will offer in-depth knowledge in relevant technical fields, will be able to travel to Afghanistan to conduct market research, will be responsible for providing background information and applicable solutions in the target technical areas, and will be responsible for outlining and writing significant portions of the technical approach and background sections of IESC’s proposal.
Expected technical fields for the assignment include:
- Microfinance/Access to Finance/Financial Inclusion
- SME Finance/Banking
- Value chain/Agriculture finance
- Impact/Emerging market investing
- Islamic Finance
- Digital Finance/mobile banking
- Excellent writing skills in English and proven capabilities in proposal development
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in many of the fields listed above, covering the financial inclusion sector.
- Minimum five years of experience working in international economic development, preferably with a focus in financial inclusion/financial services.
- Experience with USAID and other donor proposal and procurement processes.
- Recent experience and knowledge of Afghanistan is highly preferred, particularly in financial services.
- On-the-ground technical implementation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of other languages, especially Pashto and Dari, is preferred but not required.
- Ability and willingness to travel to Afghanistan is required for this assignment.
Job contact: firstname.lastname@example.org