After Sales Consultant
- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Ruiru, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 400,000 high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized improved cookstoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,900,000+ beneficiaries save $94 million in fuel expenditures and 1.4 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN is on track to sell 200,000 stoves in 2018 alone.
Among the many distinguishing aspects of BURN Manufacturing, makers of the JikokoaTM and KuniokoaTM clean cookstoves, is our post-sale customer care strategy. Our After Sales Department manages a variety of programs which support end-user customers after they have made their stove purchases. Among the department’s roles:
• Warranty Program: BURN offers customers a two-year stove warranty. The After Sales Department manages the warranty program and maintains a database of customers who register their stoves via an SMS system following their purchases. Currently, approximately 30% of stoves purchased are registered in our warranty program.
• Customer Care: Based in our Ruiru office, our call center has a five-person, bilingual (Kiswahili and English) team of customer care professionals who respond to customer telephone calls and messages. They provide general support, troubleshoot problems, coordinate product returns and direct customers to repair stations if their stoves are broken. We utilize case management methodologies for tracking and resolving customer complaints and product-related issues.
• Service Stations: BURN is the only clean cookstove manufacturer which supports a network of more
than 50 service stations in Kenya staffed by technicians specially trained to repair Jikokoas and Kuniokoas. The After Sales Department manages the stations, tracks their repairs, and is responsible for stocking them with repair parts and tools.
We seek to retain a highly experienced after sales/call center/customer service consultant who can analyze the department’s structure and processes, identify gaps and areas for improvement, devise a customized framework for restructuring its activities/processes to maximize productivity and efficiencies, and support the restructuring’s initial implementations. We wish to start this engagement immediately and expect it to last approximately 2-3 months.
Identified Consultant Needs
• Assess department workflows within the call center, and between our office and the service stations
• Conduct department Strengths/Weaknesses/
• Provide recommendations for improving service station efficiencies, customer service processes, and inventory management between the office and individual stations
• Develop and initiate implementation of a strategic roadmap to cultivate and enhance post-sale customer satisfaction, loyalty and repeat purchase behavior
• Evaluate current departmental key performance indicator measurements and provide recommendations for applicable alternative options (as needed)
• Evaluate the technologies and tools currently utilized within the department (such as our dashboard), provide recommendations for alternative approaches which could offer even greater high-touch service throughout the customer journey (such as a CRM system), direct initial implementations of these technologies/tools in conjunction with the After Sales Manager
• Create and implement recommendations for how we can increase the customer registration rate from its current 30% level
• Work closely with BURN’s After Sales Manager in refining the consultancy scope of work, creating an execution plan/timetable for this project, presenting findings/recommendations to BURN’s senior management team, implementing findings
Main responsibilities will involve:
• Analyze department processes and workflows
• Conduct Strength/Weaknesses/Threats/
• Develop recommendations for department improvements and strategic roadmap
• Create implementation plan to support findings
Skills and Experience
• Call Center, Customer Care or After Sales management experience; particularly workflow process
• Knowledge of Call Center/CRM technologies and software
• Consulting experience
• Manufacturing industry experience
• To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org