Agora Consulting Fellowship
- Agora Partnerships
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Please visit our website at http://agorapartnerships.org/consulting-fellowship/ for a link to the application, more information, and profiles about previous Consultants. If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consultants’ primary responsibility is to work directly with the management teams of Agora Accelerator companies throughout the cycle of the Accelerator, reporting directly to the Accelerator Manager. The Accelerator includes the following phases:
1. Diagnostic: you will determine the primary barriers to growth for each company. This will allow you to structure the consulting process to meet these needs and maximize the success of the company in the Accelerator. This process combines information gathered during the application process, the week working in person at the Retreat and several modules delivered at the beginning of the consulting process.
2. Business Model Refinement: you will work with the entrepreneur to find solutions to the barriers determined in the diagnostic and to develop a growth strategy. You will also determine and measure the impact metrics that will be used to reflect success and growth of the company.
3. Investment Readiness: the ultimate goal of the Accelerator is to facilitate investment into these companies, which requires clearly and convincingly communicating the value proposition, investment project, impact, and growth strategy to investors. This is done through a one-page executive summary for each company as well as a financial model, investment memo and/or investment.
Additional responsibilities include developing content for the Entrepreneur Retreat, investor/mentor matchmaking for your companies, and providing general support to Agora Partnerships.
We seek outstanding candidates with the strategic business and problem-solving skills to enable high-potential Latin American entrepreneurs to succeed. The following qualifications are required:
- Postgraduate degree with business focus (MBA preferred), or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years work experience in related fields (consulting, finance, accounting, operations, sales, social enterprise, etc.)
- Fluency in English or Spanish, with professional working capacity in both
We are looking for smart leaders who are passionate about using their abilities to identify opportunities for entrepreneurs to create impact. Ideal candidates exhibit Agora’s core values of agency, empathy, curiosity, and perseverance. There is no single “ideal” mold for this position, yet we do seek the following desired qualifications in a candidate:
- International work experience, preferably in venture capital, investment banking, management consulting, international development, social entrepreneurship or business operations
- Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural competency
- Comfort with ambiguity, adaptability and ability to work in a small, dynamic organization
- Strong work ethic, ability to self-manage and execute on multiple projects at once
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Able to thrive in multicultural working environment
- Sense of joy and humor
Agora Partnerships provides the following benefits:
- Monthly stipend to cover cost of living in your assigned country
- Modest travel budget to allow for in person company visits within your assigned portfolio
- International orientation
- Peer support network and access to industry experts
- Access to networking events
Start Date: Early 2016
Location: Latin America
Agora Partnerships is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.