Agriculture Research Analyst
- One Acre Fund
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Application online - http://grnh.se/4u3lpf1
Exceptional professionals with 1 – 3 years experience conducting research and analysis.
Minimum 2 years commitment. This is a full-time job.
We are seeking an analytically-minded individual to be based in Nairobi, Kenya. This person will be responsible for directly supporting One Acre Fund Impact Teams (Agriculture Research, Product Innovations and M&E) and the organization through internal research and farmer trials aimed at refining and expanding our offering of products and services.
Support for organizational impact will come in a number of forms, including:
— Impact dissection – creating impact for smallholder farmers is One Acre Fund’s north star. You will conduct analyses aimed at better understanding the heterogeneity and contextual variability of agricultural technologies and practices to inform operations for optimal farmer impact and adoption at scale.
— Cross-country meta analyses – you will aggregate and analyze agricultural trial and product trial data across countries and contexts to derive global lessons from local trials.
— Direct training support to country analysts – you will mentor and support country analysts in their analyses. In addition, you will organize and run trainings on relevant and actionable analysis topics to increase analytical capacity across the organization.
— Exploratory analyses – you will push the frontier of One Acre Fund data work with exploratory analyses that, for example, look at natural client clusters, predict client repayment paths and client retention and quantify product adoption spillover across time and geography.
Your work will be fast-paced, exciting, and diverse. You will create lasting and noticeable impact for hundreds of thousands of smallholder farmers and you’ll have fun doing it. You’ll work across countries providing analytic support, so you will definitely get out of the office, meet with our client farmers and see eastern and southern Africa. But most importantly, you’ll always be driving towards actionable impact – no empty reports, no mundane policy memos, just high-quality research, analysis, tools, and results!
Career Growth and Development
A core value at One Acre Fund is continual growth. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship sessions and quarterly management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one coffee chats, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft career paths that each person can be passionate about. Because of One Acre Fund’s rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our high-performing staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 1 to 3 years of work experience conducting analysis and research. We want candidates who will help take our organization to the next level of impact and scale through efficient and sophisticated uses of data.
Criteria of successful candidates includes:
– Strong, relevant quantitative work experiences evaluating programs. Former research assistants, data scientists, management consultants and business or financial analysts are encouraged to apply.
– Degree in the fields of econometrics, mathematics or statistics.
– Applicants are expected to have advanced proficiency in either R or STATA (R preferred) and comfort with Excel and other professional programs.
– Prior experience with experimental trial design, model specification, exploratory data analysis and a strong understanding of causal inference a big plus.
– Ability to explain technical concepts in plain English
– Ability to grow others’ analytic skills
– Humility and personal stability. We have a fantastic and likeable team. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service
– A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years preferable – this is a long–term, career–track role. The ideal candidate will have had experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
– Language: English required; French and or Kiswahili highly desirable
Preferred Start Date
Late 2016 preferred.
Starts modest. However, this is a career track role with fast raises based on performance.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please visit the following link and complete the application online – http://grnh.se/4u3lpf1