Agriculture Research & Integration Associate/Manager
- One Acre Fund
- Rubengera, Rwanda
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Application online - http://grnh.se/vsme601
Exceptional professional with 2-5+ years of experience and a demonstrated passion for agricultural development.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
One Acre Fund relies on its Agriculture Innovation team to find the most impactful agricultural practices and products for farmers. Every season we run both station and farmer trials to inform our extension decisions. Great innovation comes from excellent background research, a true understanding of our client base, excellent trial implementation, and a strong integration process that allows us to translate trial results into our full program.
The Agriculture Research Associate/Manager will be based in rural Rwanda. S/he will be responsible for a subset of the following:
– Needs assessment
– Farmer Field Trial Support
– Agriculture Education
– Innovations Integration into Field Operations
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2-5 years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for international and agricultural development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
– Agricultural research and/or farming experience, especially in smallholder tropical agriculture, soil science, or disease and pest management.
– Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, starting a business, solid Peace Corps accomplishments).
– Leadership experience within or outside of work. Teaching and training experience would be particularly useful in this role.
– Top-performing undergraduate background, preferably in an agriculture-related field like soil science, agronomy, or horticulture (include GPA and test scores on your resume).
– Masters of Science in an agriculture related field preferred.
– Strong data analysis skills including Excel and STATA/R.
– Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
– A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
– Language: English required. Kinyarwanda preferred. French preferred.
Preferred Start Date
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
Kinyarwanda speakers encouraged to apply.
To apply, please visit the following link and complete the application online, http://grnh.se/vsme601