Alterna Business Cultivation Fellowship Opportunity
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- HOW TO APPLY?To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter, including how you heard about Alterna, when you would be able to start, and how much time you would be able to dedicate. As a note, all Alterna Fellows begin as pro-bono professional consultants, with growth potential commensurate with experience and duration of stay. Please direct all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name in the subject of the email. We look forward to receiving your application!
Alterna's Fellowship Program is designed for business professionals with consulting, finance and/or marketing experience, who are eager to take on a new challenge in the field of social entrepreneurship. Based on fellows' skills and defined needs of the social entrepreneurs, we pair our Business Cultivation team with Alterna’s social entrepreneurs to collaborate and innovate strategies in order achieve a set of defined goals. During the course of the program, Fellows develop close working relationships with multiple entrepreneurs and gain experience in everything from preparing business plans to spearheading new initiatives, all within the context of a developing economy in Latin America. Specifically, you will:
• Provide Guatemalan social entrepreneurs with high-quality business support, creating tools to support their continued development including cost and data analyses; financial forecasts; and, marketing plans focused on generating social and environmental impact
• Work 1:1 with a portfolio of entrepreneurs to consult, guide and help them achieve and assess their strategic goals for development
• Build out, measure and assess social impact strategies for local entrepreneurs looking to have a positive impact in the community.
• Develop Alterna's internal strategy and consulting methodology, helping improve our advanced-stage entrepreneur cultivation program
• Assist in the program development to identify, attract and retain new and ongoing relationships and partnerships to source Alterna with highly qualified mentors, fellows, and interns.
• Continuously research innovative approaches, ideas and best practices in the areas of Impact Investing and Social Entrepreneurship
• Live and work in Central America with 9-15 other fellows from around the world
• A degree in Finance, Economics, Marketing, International Business or Management; Pursuing or hold an MBA or MS in Business, Economics, Marketing and Sales, Organizational Behavior, or Finance is a major advantage
• 3-5 years of professional experience within a multinational organization, consulting firm, corporate entity or similar organization
• Expressed interest in working in the impact investing or social entrepreneurship sector through our Cultivation Program, learning along with us and applying models to help our social businesses achieve lasting results.
• Strong analytical, business judgment and problem-solving skills
• Business professional fluency in Spanish
• 6-12 month commitment to working on the ground in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Professional working proficiency English
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficiency in Office suite
• Knowledge of, and passion for, social entrepreneurship and impact investing
• Solid professional trajectory, ideally in a multinational, consultancy or leading NGO