Alterna´s Outreach Fellow (FLII)
- Quetzaltenango Department, Guatemala
- Job Type
- Fulltime Fellowship
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
As Central America’s first Center for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Alterna aims to catalyze social entrepreneurship from the ground up and envisions a world in which the opportunity to ignite positive change exists in every context.
Alterna’s Fellowship Program is a trampoline for professionals who want to be on the frontline of the emerging fourth sector. Our program is designed to bring top talent from the most innovative international organizations to work with Alterna\’s leadership team to maximize the organization’s impact and sustainability.
The Latin American impact investing forum for Central America and the Caribbean (FLII CA&C) brings together international and regional actors in impact investing and social entrepreneurship. In 2016, there were more than 350 participants from 34 different countries including investors, entrepreneurs, corporations, members from the public sector, and amongst others. The conference will be held in Antigua, Guatemala November 8-9th, 2017.
FLII CA&C addresses regional challenges, through the lens of social entrepreneurship, impact investing and regional trends. During the two-day conference, participants engage in dynamic and interactive sessions, lectures, and keynote speakers.
Please visit the FLII CA&C website for more information on the history of the forum!
As our Alterna´s Outreach Fellow, you will work directly with our FLII team together, supporting us in creating and organizing this important international event in Guatemala. Your specific responsibilities will include:
• Being responsible for the communication process with panelists, partners, and attendees of the conference
• Researching current trends and relevant topics in impact investing and social entrepreneurship
• Assisting with the creation and execution of a global event that brings together over 350 participants while building the impact investing ecosystem in Central America
• Managing operational and administrative duties to ensure excellent service and quality delivery
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Min. 1 year of professional experience in event management and organization
• A profound knowledge of the global sector of impact investing
• Professional working proficiency in English and Spanish (verbal and writing)
• Strong sense for organization and structure
• Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, being able to communicate with different kind of interlocutors
• Flexibility, ability to work autonomously and proactively in a fast-paced environment
• Contextual understanding and appreciation for the difficulties and rewards of working in a developing context
• 7 – 8 months (May 2017 – End of November 2017) commitment to working on the ground in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Please note that the Fellowship is self-funded by the Fellow. In return of this investment of your talent and experience, you will get the unique opportunity to:
• Gain real world exposure to innovative approaches, ideas and best practices in the areas of Impact Investing and Social Entrepreneurship, including key contextual insights on what the entrepreneurial process consists of in Central America
• Connect with key actors in the social entrepreneurship and impact investing sector through Alterna’s network and open and expand your career trajectory
• Work with an international team of young and passionate professionals
• Be immersed in the vibrancy of Guatemalan culture
We look for innovators; those who are excited by challenges; those who are looking to dive into problems head first; those who don’t take no for an answer and if you bring a sense of humor and contagious energy we wouldn’t be disappointed. If this is you, please fill out the Fellows Application Form from our website (http://www.alternaimpact.org/fellows) and send it with your CV to email@example.com.