Alumni Relations Manager
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1Vsboi9Application Deadline: Monday, October 12th at midnightFor questions: Please email email@example.com
If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1Vsboi9
Application Deadline: Monday, October 12th at midnight
CodeNow is a fast growing non-profit focused on teaching underrepresented high school students foundational skills in computer programming. We believe this is essential because it lowers the barriers normally associated with diversity in the tech industry by opening the door for curious youth at an age when they’re beginning to explore opportunities. Early last year CodeNow was selected to join Y Combinator’s first batch of nonprofits, and we have recently surpassed 1000 high-school students introduced to a world of creation, technology, and future possibilities. We are based in New York City with programs in the Bay Area, Seattle, and Miami with plans to continue to scale nationally quickly.
- Founded in 2011
- Five full-time staff
- Operating budget of over $1 million
- Over 1,000 students have graduated from our program, 48% of whom are women
- Selected as one of the first Y Combinator non-profit organizations
- Featured in TechCrunch, Fast Company, VentureBeat, WSJ, and The White House Blog
- Notable supporters include: Adobe, Bloomberg LP, and the Knight Foundation
We are currently looking for a NYC-based Alumni Relations Manager to join our growing team of doers passionate about closing the diversity and gender gap in tech. As the Alumni Relations Manager you will manage alumni relationships, resources, and programs, including our summer internship program, where you will serve as the liaison between partner companies and CodeNow alumni.
Who you are
Every person on our team is a doer. You are motivated by the challenge of figuring out how to generate value where there is no road map. You have a resilient work ethic, a knack for being resourceful, and an exceptional ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders. Your genuine interest in the tech space fuels your desire to grow a career in the industry, and you are excited to do so through the lens of our mission as you recognize the positive impact a diverse workforce will bring to the future of tech.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE…
- Assisting in the planning, implementation, and promotion of programs that provide tangible benefits for our alumni
- Acting as a liaison between companies and students, helping place our alumni in internships
- Supporting the planning and implementation of workshops for new students across all locations
- Working cross-functionally to create and share resources and opportunities that would be of interest to our alumni, such as scholarship information, career-prep materials, and professional development events
- Collaborating with the team to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation
- Engaging regularly with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni newsletters, and various social media platforms
- Educating graduating students about alumni benefits, engage them in programs, and manage their participation
- Assisting in the evaluation of activities, programs, and services that reach, serve, and engage our alumni
- Ensuring accurate and complete alumni database records
- Building systems to allow the organization to be more efficient
HERE’S WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE ROLE…
Meaningful work allows you to have the opportunity to fulfill a Legacy, gain greater Mastery, and achieve Freedom. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/ReWorkBuildACareerWorthHaving
The Outcomes From Your Work in this Role
- You will directly influence the trajectory of tech by building a pipeline of diverse talent.
- You will create opportunities for curious and ambitious youth to launch their careers in leading technology companies.
- You will educate and mold youth to become competitive and informed professionals, enabling them to pursue their dreams.
How This Role Will Help You Develop as a Professional
- You will continue to build on your knowledge of the tech industry enabling you to better understand opportunity to grow and develop in the space.
- You will hone your ability to design and execute a complex program that effectively engages and provides value to a variety of stakeholders.
- You will enhance your ability to build and nurture relationships with decision-makers at top technology companies with the intention of achieving a specific outcome.
- You will learn the intricacies and nuances of working in and building a fast-growth start-up, helping to propel your career in this space.
The Tangible and Intangible Perks and Benefits of This Role
We know our team member’s lives are dynamic. To support our employees inside and outside of the workplace, we offer:
- Generous benefits including: health, dental, and vision insurance in addition to a competitive salary
- A team-first culture where all personalities are respected and all ideas are valued
- A fast-paced startup environment where you have the freedom to help define how we achieve our vision
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE…
- With 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Who is fluent with social media platforms as tools to support business goals
- With experience working with high school and/or college students
- Who is a self-starter able to work independently and as part of a high-functioning team
- With knowledge of the tech sector locally, regionally, and nationally, who is genuinely interested in staying up with current trends and major players in the space
- With experience related to the recruitment and placement of talent
- Who understands that deep listening and empathy are keys to their success
- Who is an exceptional communicator with strong writing and public speaking skills, who is poised and professional
- Who is personable, outgoing, and a team player
- Who is willing and able to travel and work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Who is adaptable and able to strategize, execute and achieve goals in ambiguous environments
Bonus if you have…
- Experience developing membership based programs and events
- Experience developing relationships with tech companies
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and inDesign
- Teaching experience
- Basic programming skills or willingness to learn
- Background in computer science or engineering
- Experience writing grants and/or proposals
HOW WILL KNOW YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB?
Please complete the following application by 11:59 EST on Monday, October 12th. These short-answer questions are designed to replace a cover letter, please take your time with them and copy in your answers from a separate document. If you are chosen as a potential candidate, you will first be interviewed by ReWork and then by the CodeNow team. The final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your application!