- Upaya Social Ventures
- Bangalore, India
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Submit a one-page cover letter stating your interest/passion to work for Upaya and how you would be a good fit for the role, along with your resume to email@example.com.
- Where to Apply
Upaya Social Ventures is seeking a full-time Analyst to join its India team. The position is based out of Bangalore.
Upaya is looking to hire an Analyst to help manage its portfolio and new investments in early-stage enterprises. Upaya seeks a detail-oriented, organized, and highly analytical individual to support the investment and portfolio team.
The ideal candidate will be grounded in finance and financial modelling, has experience with research methods and measuring social impact, and also brings a passion for working closely with entrepreneurs, providing hands-on support and strategic guidance as they grow their ventures.
The Analyst will report to the India Country Director.
– Conduct market research and due diligence for potential investments, including financial modelling, web research, and field visits
– Develop Investment Committee collateral, reports and presentations
– Design key indicators that best capture the financial and social performance of Upaya’s portfolio, build tools to gather the needed information in an effective manner, conduct real-time analysis, and assist with visualization and external reporting when needed
– Liaise with Upaya’s partners on a quarterly basis, monitor their progress against financial and operational milestones, and recommend metrics that capture and communicate overall enterprise health and stability
– Review financial statements of portfolio partners and highlight key performance metrics and trends across categories
– Track critical measures and KPIs to continuously assess commitment to social impact benchmarks
Bachelor’s Degree or CA/CFA with skills in Business and Financial Analysis.
Skills & Experience
– 1 – 3 years of work experience; recent graduates will be considered based on knowledge and attitude
– Passion for and understanding of impact investing and working on poverty alleviation
– Strong research, financial modelling, and analytical skills
– Competence in MS Office is required with a high level of proficiency in MS Excel; experience with Google Sheets and Tableau a plus
– Strong business writing skills
– Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, self-motivated environment
– Comfortable with travel to partner locations, especially far-away places like north-eastern states of India and impoverished communities
– Strong work ethic, attention to detail and steadfast commitment to Upaya’s values
How to apply:
Submit a one-page cover letter stating your interest/passion to work for Upaya and how you would be a good fit for the role, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Analyst” in the subject line. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
Upaya creates dignified jobs for the poorest of the poor by building scalable businesses with investment and consulting support. Since 2011, Upaya has supported 16 small and growing businesses in India with investments and expertise. Upaya partners have created over 13,000 jobs. With offices in Seattle, Washington and Bangalore, India, Upaya has committed to a goal of helping its partners create 15,000 jobs by the end of 2019.