Analyst / Coordinator, Impact Investing
- New York, NY
- Job Type
- Full-time, temporary to permanent
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, our services include strategy development, research and education, investment product and platform design, and impact management.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading asset owners, intermediaries, and service providers active in impact investing. Tideline was founded in 2014 with offices in New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Portland, OR; and Austin, TX, and is led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich.
About the position:
This is a unique opportunity for an early-career individual to gain exposure to impact investing and strategy consulting. The Analyst / Coordinator will split time between two important functions at the firm: supporting client projects through research and coordination; and providing internal coordination and administration support.
Candidates will be considered for the New York office. Candidates will be offered an initial six-month employment agreement, with the possibility of converting to a permanent employee thereafter, pending the business’s needs at that time and performance.
Core responsibilities include:
Project coordination and research (~50%):
• Performing research and analysis related to client projects, including literature reviews, summaries of findings, participation in expert interviews, etc.
• Leading scheduling and supporting project management for client projects
• Developing client materials, including PowerPoint presentations and reports
• Supporting quantitative analysis and modeling efforts for client projects (as applicable given candidate experience)
Internal coordination and administration (~50%):
• Managing scheduling and providing other administrative support primarily for one of the Managing Partners, with occasional support for the other two as well
• Contributing to operational improvements and processes (e.g., IT systems, time tracking, hiring, etc.)
• Supporting coordination of business development activities, with the Managing Partners
• Maintaining and updating the client relationship management tool
• Overseeing office management in the NY office
The ideal candidate has a collaborative disposition; an appreciation of thoughtful and efficiently managed processes; is exceptionally well-organized with an eye for detail; communicates well; and a commitment to advancing social and environmental outcomes. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness.
Desired qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Knowledge of impact investing, finance, and/or philanthropy preferred
• Experience in consulting, impact investing, finance, philanthropy, and/or research a plus
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Financial / quantitative analysis experience a plus
• Adept at using Microsoft Office; strong PowerPoint skills and design sensibilities a plus
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization
• Ability to think critically and creatively
• Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and discretion
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Sense of humor and self-awareness
Please apply through this link: https://tideline.bamboohr.com/
You may send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tideline is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive workplace.