Analyst, Impact Investing
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Role: Analyst, Impact Investing
Type: Early- to mid-career
Location: New York, NY
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Application deadline: April 30, 2017 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, our services include investment strategy, investment product development, market intelligence and due diligence, strategic advice, and thought leadership.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading investment firms and foundations active in impact investing. Tideline was founded in 2014 with offices in New York City and San Francisco and currently has a growing team led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich.
About the position:
This is a unique opportunity for an early- to mid-career individual to apply his or her financial analysis and research capabilities to achieving social and environmental impact. The Analyst will have an opportunity to play an important role on client projects, including through research and analysis, producing client materials, financial modeling, investment product design, and investment strategy. Tideline’s clients include top-tier financial and philanthropic institutions working on a wide range of issues related to impact investing, so there will be excellent opportunities to build broad and practical knowledge.
The position is expected to begin as early as May 1st and will be a full-time temporary employee position for six months, with the potential to convert to a long-term employee thereafter, depending on fit and the need at that time. Candidates will be considered for Tideline’s New York office.
Core responsibilities include:
● Take a leading role in financial analysis efforts for client projects
● Guide investment product design and investment strategy for client projects
● Perform research and analysis related to client projects, including literature reviews, summaries of findings, participation in expert interviews, etc.
● Support preparations for, and participate in, team brainstorming and strategy development for client projects
● Develop client materials, including PowerPoint presentations and reports
● Support internal financial analysis for Tideline
The ideal candidate has a flexible, curious mindset; an entrepreneurial, collaborative disposition; and a commitment to advancing social and environmental outcomes through impact investing. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness, The team is fun, too, and often feels like an extended family for each of its members.
Desired qualifications and experience level include:
● Experience in financial analysis, preferably as an analyst or associate at an investment bank, M&A advisory firm, and/or private equity firm
● Completion of an investment firm analyst training program or an MBA with an emphasis on finance preferred
● Experience performing qualitative research and analysis
● Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and discretion
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Sense of humor and self-awareness
Please apply through the link below with a resume and cover letter, and you may send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.