Analyst, Impact Investing
- Austin, New York, or San Francisco
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, our services include investment strategy, investment product development, market intelligence and due diligence, strategic advice, and thought leadership.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading investment firms and foundations active in impact investing. Tideline was founded in 2014 with offices in New York City and San Francisco and currently has a growing team led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich.
About the position:
This is a unique opportunity for an early-career individual with an interest in consulting and impact investing.
The Analyst will have an opportunity to play an important role on client projects, including through research and analysis, assisting in the development of client materials, and, depending on the individual’s background and expertise, financial modeling and investment product design. Tideline’s clients include top-tier financial and philanthropic institutions working on a wide range of issues related to impact investing, so there will be excellent opportunities to build broad and practical knowledge.
Candidates will be considered for any of Tideline’s offices: New York, San Francisco, and/or Austin. Candidates will be offered an initial three- or four-month employment agreement, with the possibility of converting to a permanent employee thereafter, pending the business’s needs at that time and performance.
Core responsibilities include:
● Performing research and analysis related to client projects, including literature reviews, summaries of findings, participation in expert interviews, etc.
● Supporting preparations for, and participating in, team brainstorming and strategy development for client projects
● Developing client materials, including PowerPoint presentations and reports
● Supporting financial analysis and modeling efforts for client projects (as applicable given candidate experience)
● Supporting general administrative and operational tasks related to projects and the firm
The ideal candidate has a flexible, curious mindset; an entrepreneurial, collaborative disposition; and a commitment to advancing social and environmental outcomes. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness. The team is fun, too, and often feels like an extended family for each of its members.
Desired qualifications and experience level include:
● Bachelor’s degree
● Knowledge of impact investing, finance, and/or philanthropy preferred
● Experience in consulting, impact investing, finance, philanthropy, and/or research a plus
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Strong design sensibilities or experience a plus
● Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly PowerPoint
● Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization, both individually and as part of a team
● Ability to think critically and creatively in approach to solving problems
● Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and discretion
● Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
● Sense of humor and self-awareness
Please apply through the link provided below, and you may send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.