Analyst to the Executive Director
- One Acre Fund
- Rubengera, Rwanda
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
We are seeking an exceptional professional to reflect the voice of and to execute on behalf of the Executive Director. As One Acre Fund grows, our Executive Director is focused on an increasingly diverse set of priorities, from communicating effectively with external partners to marshalling resources for new internal initiatives. We are seeking a detail-oriented, expert communicator to work very closely with him on those priorities in a role that will help steward One Acre Fund’s overall strategy. The role reports directly to the Executive Director.
The role will divide into three parts:
- Executive-level, strategic communications: We believe well-crafted communication of our strategy is critical to One Acre Fund’s success. This role will reflect the voice of our Executive Director in communications with the most important influencers in the sector and internal audiences. Most frequently, this involves researching and writing persuasive memos and presentations.
- Example: Work with our Executive Director to write the concept note / proposal of a new strategic initiative – for use with key donors and sector influencers.
- Example: Prepare a keynote presentation for One Acre Fund’s Executive Director to deliver at a social impact conference.
- Example: Prepare and moderate a strategy-sharing presentation for our cross-country Town Hall meetings.
- Long-running, One Acre Fund-wide initiatives: As we become more complex, there are an increasing number of projects that do not fall cleanly into an existing department. This role will steward key initiatives across multiple silos and stakeholders, often assisting our Executive Director in implementing important priorities:
- Example: Write a set of professional development modules under the guidance of our Executive Director and other senior leaders. Then formulate a plan to roll out across all of our countries and departments – with the possibility of external publication.
- Example: Plan and execute on an org-wide initiative to significantly increase the number of job candidates referred by our staff – to satisfy the hiring needs of an extremely fast-growing organization.
- One-off, fast analyses and tasks: These are analyses and tasks of one week or shorter duration, typically exploring a new strategic direction for the organization.
- Example: Write a memo summarizing the current state of agricultural research on sorghum and millet in East Africa.
- Example: Conduct research and recommend a methodology to use Purchasing Power Party (PPP) to make fair impact comparisons across countries of differing wealth.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills and your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through bi-annual management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2 to 5+ years of work experience. We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates that will help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale. This is a competitive posting for a career–track role, with a two-year minimum. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator. We are looking for clear, concise communicators who have a demonstrated ability to effectively engage organizational leadership. Writing samples and Powerpoint examples will be requested.
- Strong work experiences. Targeting former consultants (or similar skillset). Unstructured work experiences are also helpful.
- Professional/technical skills. Ability to hit the ground running with high levels of proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Leadership experiences at work, or outside of work.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (please include GPA and test scores on your resume).
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Language: English required.
- Ability to cook/laugh – desirable.
Starts very modest. However, this is a career–track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long–term placement in developing nations.
Health cover, immunizations, flights, room and board.
To apply, please click on the following link and complete the application on our website. http://grnh.se/54fkx2