Andean Regional Manager
- Fundación Capital
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Fundación Capital: Andean Regional Manager
(Based in Bogota)
What are we offering?
Fundación Capital is currently seeking a Regional Manager to develop, execute and grow the activities of our organization in the Andean Region (Colombia, Ecuador, Bolivia, Peru). We are looking for an outstanding professional with at least six years of accredited professional experience in financial inclusion. S/he will work from our office in Bogota (Colombia), reporting directly to the Vice-president for Latin America and the Caribbean. We will provide a competitive consultancy fee under a one-year service provision contract that is open to a longer-term employment perspective. On offer is an entrepreneurial and challenging position with lots of opportunity to turn ideas into reality, working alongside an inspiring, diverse and international team to create a better tomorrow for millions living in poverty.
Who are we?
Fundación Capital (FundaK) is an award-winning international organization with a team of more than sixty people working across more than 11 countries in Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa to reduce poverty. Our initiatives have the power to create long lasting impact on a large scale, because they harness the power of government actions, market forces and digital innovations. We focus primarily on asset-building for individuals and families living in poverty through financial inclusion, economic empowerment and social protection. At the end of the day, it is all about the people: by providing them with training, capital and productive opportunities, we enable millions of poor families to take successful and independent decisions to live their ambitions.
You can learn more about our work by visiting our webpage: www.fundacioncapital.org
What are the tasks and responsibilities?
● Operation & Budget: manage resources; co-responsible for establishing the Annual Operating Plan and the correct implementation and execution of the projects; responsible for the business numbers of the region; define and monitor key performance indicators.
● Business Development: look for new business opportunities, contracts, strategic alliances and financing.
● Networking & Stakeholder Relationships: build and maintain partnerships with allies, donors and clients; position, promote and represent FundaK.
● Staff management: manage a team of short and longer term consultants and coordinate new recruitments.
Who are we looking for?
The person we are looking for should be:
● Highly committed to social and development issues.
● An empathic and sociable person with the ability to relate excellently with people from very different backgrounds, from those living in poverty to high-level representatives of governments and international organizations.
● An outstanding leader and listener that can select, motivate and develop staff.
● A convincing spokes(wo)man and inspiring seller of ideas with social impact.
● Entrepreneurial, dynamic and creative, with the ability to set priorities and demonstrate results.
● Languages: perfect command of Spanish and English (oral and written)
● Skills & Knowledge:
○ Broad knowledge of regional social problems, the development field and financial inclusion.
○ Management and project implementation skills, including time management.
○ Selling skills, ability to raise funds and open new business opportunities.
○ Outstanding written and verbal communication.
● Work Experience:
○ At least six years of accredited professional experience in financial inclusion, economic citizenship, social protection and/or asset-building for the vulnerable and poor populations.
○ Fieldwork with vulnerable communities.
○ Work experience with governments, public and private entities.
○ Experience in project and budget execution.
● Education: Master’s degree in economics, political science or a related discipline
We will look favorably upon candidates who can demonstrate the following: international work experience in other parts of the world; additional language skills (especially in Portuguese and French); knowledge of topics related to financial education, cash transfer programs and digital solutions for vulnerable and poor populations.
How can you apply?
Please send us your CV, the contacts of three potential references and a concise cover letter in which you explain: (1) your motivation to work with us, (2) why you would be a true enrichment for our team, (3) remuneration expectations and earliest possible starting date, (4) where you have found our job offer. Please note that only complete applications will be considered. Send your applications by January 31st, 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Andean Regional Manager”. After that point, additional applications are welcome but are not guaranteed consideration until after the initial round process. This job advertisement will remain posted until the position is filled.