- I-DEV INTERNATIONAL
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Send a cover letter and resume with Subject Title “Latin America Associate Fellowship 2015” to firstname.lastname@example.org. The rolling application process begins immediately
I-DEV INTERNATIONAL – ASSOCIATE POSITION (Latin America)
POSITION: Associate Fellow (Initial 4-month Trial Period with the possibility of a Full-Time position following but not guaranteed)
FOCUS: Emerging Market/Impact Investing, SME Strategy & Financial Advisory
START DATE: Immediate
LOCATION: Lima, Peru (I-DEV Latin America Regional Headquarters)
About I-DEV International
I-DEV International (www.idevinternational.com) is a global management strategy and financial advisory firm with offices in San Francisco (Global Headquarters), Lima (LatAm Regional Headquarters) and Nairobi (Africa Regional Headquarters). Via its Insight & Strategy Group and its Investment Advisory Group, I-DEV helps to grow and finance competitive, viable SMEs and social enterprises in emerging markets worldwide.
Over the past 6 years, I-DEV has worked with clients in over 40 countries on 5 continents and developed a strong reputation for being “one of the most innovative and exciting organizations in the impact investing and social enterprise sectors” and “a unique combination of grassroots development, hard-nosed business and savvy 2.0 smarts.” In that time, the firm has built a network of clients and partners that includes 80+ impact and emerging market investment funds (with over $10 billion in combined committed capital), Fortune 500 corporations, high impact, local SMEs and social enterprises, and leading foundations and development organizations. I-DEV’s specific services are described below:
Insight & Strategy Group:
- Management and growth strategy consulting for local SMEs and social enterprises
- Portfolio company performance improvement and turnaround consulting for impact investors
- CSR/impact strategy consulting and impact sector partnership development for global corporations
- Supply chain and distribution channel strategy consulting for global corporations, local SMEs & social enterprises
- BoP market analysis and penetration strategy consulting for global corporations, local SMEs & social enterprises
Investment Advisory Group:
- Sell-side investment structuring & sourcing for local SMEs and social enterprises in emerging markets (including debt, equity & hybrid mezzanine transactions)
- Buy-side pipeline development, investment sourcing, due diligence and structuring for emerging market & impact investment funds (including debt, equity & hybrid mezzanine transactions)
- Investment process and materials preparation, enterprise valuations, and financial/cash flow model development
Position Description and Responsibilities
Associates in I-DEV’s Latin America regional headquarters work directly with I-DEV’s local and global management team as integral members of I-DEV’s Latin America staff. During their first year most Associates are generalists and have the opportunity to work on projects and deals in both the Insight & Strategy Group and the Investment Advisory Group. As such, there will be considerable exposure to both “in-field” consulting and strategy projects working directly with local SMEs and social enterprises on growth strategy and operational performance improvement engagements, as well as investment transaction structuring and capital raises with I-DEV’s Investment Advisory team. Associates will have considerable opportunities to travel for projects throughout the region and globally.
Qualifications & Selection Criteria
I-DEV is seeking Associates to join its Latin America Regional Headquarters in Lima. Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Prior experience working in finance, investment banking, VC/PE, and/or strategy consulting
- Preference for previous experience in the US, Europe, or South America
- Strong business analysis and financial modeling/valuation skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial and unstructured work environment and organizational culture
Additionally, I-DEV has a preference for candidates who have prior professional/ work experience in Latin America and specifically are authorized to work in Peru on a permanent basis (this will be reviewed on a case by case basis).
The interview process will test strong candidates on critical thinking, financial modeling, business skills, and general fit with I-DEV’s organizational culture. All candidates should be self-starters who are comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and be independent, out-of-the-box thinkers who are also comfortable representing I-DEV International and its mission in a professional setting (as there will be significant client exposure).
Training/Trial Period & Compensation:
Associate Training Program/Trial Period: All Associate positions within I-DEV begin with a 4-month training program and trial period. This period is instrumental to ensure that Associates have the necessary skills and are a good fit for I-DEV’s organizational culture. During the initial period, Associates will be placed on live projects and engagements in both the Insight & Strategy and Investment Advisory Groups and will have considerable opportunities to travel throughout the region. They can expect to have significant exposure and access to I-DEV Partners and Senior Management.
During the 4 month period, Associates will receive a housing allowance and modest stipend, as well as be reimbursed for any work related travel and expenses.
Compensation: Following successful completion of the initial training/ trial period, Associates that receive an offer of employment should expect a market competitive salary and full benefits packages based on the experience and qualifications of the candidate. A significant portion of the compensation package for all I-DEV team members is performance-based. As such, successful candidates should expect up to 50% of their overall compensation/salary to be linked to an annual, performance based bonus. Additionally, all members of I-DEV’s team receive commissions for any deals they source and close.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume with Subject Title “Latin America Associate Fellowship 2015” to email@example.com.
The rolling application process begins immediately