- James Lee Sorenson Global Impact Investing Center
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Applications can be submitted at: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/45231Interested candidates can learn more by contacting info@Sgiicenter.com or calling +1-801-326-3593
The James Lee Sorenson Global Impact Investing Center (SGII Center) is hiring an Associate Director. The SGII Center seeks to accelerate and advance the understanding and application of principles of free enterprise to create scalable and sustainable, global societal change. The SGII Center at the University of Utah’s David Eccles School of Business provides bespoke impact investing services to the growing sector in a cost efficient model while providing top university students with real-world experience and interaction with industry leaders in the impact investing space.
The SGII Center has worked on over $25M of direct investments with several large foundations, family offices, and funds, while also working to facilitate over $100M in follow-on investment dollars for it's portfolio. The Associate Director's responsibilites will include but not be limited to:
1. Manages the student diligence process, completing essential tasks such as market research, financial modeling, industry analysis, valuation, etc.
2. Develop programmatic educational content for the students in the Center that effectively teaches impact investing and social entrepreneurship skills.
3. Responsible for assisting in relationship management, and the development of new initiatives with other academic departments, partner universities, foundations, investment firms and other social impact institutions.
4. Assisting in management and oversight of all client work product deliverables including but not limited to social and financial due diligence, industry and sector research reports, as well as all existing deals and project teams.
5. Manages all student activity as it relates to the external facing work that the Center produces
6. Assists with human resource management including recruitment and retention of assigned staff, including staff performance evaluation and mentoring.
7. Ensures competency of staff and student participants through the development and delivery of curriculum for student and staff training and conducts training sessions as needed to ensure quality of student skill development.
9. Markets and promotes new and existing programs and services to internal and external customers.
10. Facilitates cooperative and collaborative community and institutional relationships.
11. Represent the Center and the University of Utah at external conferences, forums, and events.