Associate Director – Information Communications Technology
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Job Title: Associate Director – Information Communications Technology
Job Description: Organization
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s more than 20 years of leadership in sustainability
We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
The ICT Associate Director, North America will have primary responsibility for building and leading BSR’s work with telecommunications, consumer electronics, IT, internet and software companies headquartered in North America, with a particular emphasis on Bay Area companies.
This person will work closely with BSR’s Advisory Services regional team to develop business opportunities and deliver consulting and grant-funded projects that provide high value to BSR members and other leading companies that are interested in improving their sustainability performance.
The Associate Director will be responsible for both serving BSR’s existing member companies, and exploring new opportunities for impact among rapidly growing internet and shared economy companies.
This position is full-time, based in San Francisco.
o Consulting and Member Services: The Associate Director will play a leading role in delivering consulting services to member and non-member companies in the ICT sector. Areas of project focus may include: sustainability strategy development, reporting and transparency, stakeholder engagement, climate change, human rights, inclusive economy, responsible supply chain management.
o Business Development and Recruitment: The Associate Director will have responsibility for recruiting new member companies and will be responsible for deepening relationships with business leaders within BSR’s ICT practice and developing new business opportunities across the sector.
o External Representation: The Associate Director will represent both BSR and the ICT practice to external audiences, particularly in North America, by: presenting at industry conferences; writing publications; forming beneficial external partnerships; and creating other opportunities to raise the profile of BSR more broadly.
o The Associate Director may also be required to provide services to companies in other sectors according to business needs.
Note: ONLY candidates with these specific requirements will be considered:
• Master’s degree in business, law, public policy, environmental management or other relevant discipline required.
• Significant business experience (at least 8-10 years) required, to perform the key functions of a consulting leader, including: developing and maintaining senior-level client relationships; pursuing and creating business opportunities; and overseeing multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Significant experience working with, or in, the ICT sector.
• Understanding of trends in the ICT industry and their relevance to sustainability and the BSR mission.
• Deep knowledge and experience in key sustainability content areas, such as: stakeholder engagement, supply chain, climate change, human rights, or inclusive economy
• Experience in developing sustainability-related methodologies, such as: sustainability reporting, strategy design & materiality, social/environmental risk assessment
• Knowledge and experience related to business processes such as strategic planning, organizational development, training programs, performance management, change management, etc.
• Proven leadership and people skills, including a demonstrated ability to mentor the skills and effectiveness of other team members.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and facilitation skills.
• Willingness to undertake business travel (~ 10% time).
• Language skills: Fluent in English, with an additional language from a region in which BSR is based a strongly preferred.
• Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
• High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of Leadership, Respect and Integrity.
BSR is committed to developing an inclusive work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and skill and is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission.
Job Contact Information: http://www.bsr.org/en/careers
Deadline for Applications: 2016-04-11