Associate Director, Innovative Finance
- Milken Institute
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- To apply, please submit your resume online at: http://www.milkeninstitute.org/about/careers/view/52
Location: Santa Monica, CA
The Milken Institute is a globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, California. Its mission is to improve lives around the world by advancing innovative economic and policy solutions that create jobs, widen access to capital and enhance health.
One of the most important ways we accomplish our mission is through the exchange of ideas with leaders from around the world at our educational roundtables, forums, Financial Innovations Labs, seminars and conferences, including our biggest event, the annual Global Conference. These events, and our ability to bring together diverse and innovative thought leaders and decision-makers to help solve some of the world's biggest challenges, are vital to our success.
The Milken Institute's signature tool for generating solutions is the Financial Innovations Lab.® Each Lab assembles a multidisciplinary group of investors, industry experts and public officials to tackle a specific financing or policy question. During an intensive daylong workshop, they explore the problem from every angle. It's a roll-up-your-sleeves approach that encourages collaboration and practicality. The results are fully documented in our Financial Innovations Lab Reports — and the recommendations are ready to be put to work in the marketplace and the policy arena.
The Associate Director will be a part of the growing innovative finance team and will assist in conceiving, developing, and managing initiatives from Financial Innovations Labs to conference programming and research deliverables. The position combines research and project management, to plan and execute programs.
The ideal candidate will have experience in finance and policy, as well as an appetite for working on projects that span sectors and regions.
- Provide research for Financial Innovations Labs and other innovative finance projects
- Assist in identifying new Lab concepts
- Provide project management for key activities involving the innovative finance team
- Assist in identifying Lab participants and maintain invitee lists, close coordination with Business Development and other MI departments
- Prepare correspondence with Lab participants, sponsors and stakeholders in innovative finance
- Work on grant proposals for Labs and other innovative finance work, in conjunction with all related department Directors
- Facilitate roundtable discussions with stakeholders and represent the Institute at panels and conferences
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or business (Advanced degree strongly preferred)
- 3- 5 years of experience in innovative finance
- Proven ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders from diverse perspectives, countries, and backgrounds
- Domain expertise in innovative financing, including the structuring of new models and platforms that use public-sector funding to attract private investment in regions or sectors that are perceived as too risky, especially those in developing countries
- Exceptional written, communication, and presentation skills; ability to move seamlessly between boardroom and field
- Knowledge of research design and implementation, and ability to conduct and analyze rigorous research
The Milken Institute offers an excellent benefit package including medical/dental, LTD, Life, Flex Spending Program, 403(b) tax-deferred retirement savings plan, and company gym. E.O.E.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications for the position will be considered. Successful completion of a background check is required for employment in this position. No phone calls please.