- Social Finance
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1IsQDyiContact: firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Early submissions will be given priority.
ABOUT SOCIAL FINANCE
Social Finance is a nonprofit organization dedicated to mobilizing investment capital to drive social progress. We believe that increasing the flow of sustainable capital to effective programs will help solve society’s most intractable social challenges. Our goal is to develop innovative financing solutions to make this happen.
In the emerging field of “Pay for Success” and “Social Innovation Financing,” we focus on structuring and managing impact investments that will unlock capital to fund effective solutions and drive an outcomes-focused social sector. Core to our work is the Social Impact Bond, an innovative public-private partnership that scales performance-driven social programs, creates taxpayer efficiencies, and generates financial returns for investors. As momentum grows, we work collaboratively with partners across sectors to identify their unique challenges and to create tailored, actionable financial solutions that serve the population in need and achieve measurable results.
- Founded in 2011 – Pioneered by our sister organization in the UK, creator of the Social Impact Bond.
- Full-time staff of 25
- Offices in Boston but working on projects in 12 states.
- Generated national and worldwide attention, has been featured in The New York Times, Time Magazine, The Economist, Bloomberg, Reuters, The Huffington Post, and Fast Company.
ABOUT THE ROLE: ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR
The Social Finance team is composed of a group of passionate and rigorous professionals committed to bringing outcomes-driven investments to the social sector. We’re looking for an Associate Director to join our Advisory Services team in bringing these solutions to market at scale. As an Associate Director, your workload will be diverse and fluid – never stagnant – as you work directly with the CEO and senior management to shape, implement, and execute our advisory services strategy.
WHO YOU ARE
Your entrepreneurial spirit enables you to thrive in environments of ambiguity where you see potential, inspiring you to apply high levels of thought and rigor to your work. You’re a natural Cirque du Soleil performer when it comes to your ability to project manage and juggle multiple projects and responsibilities. Ultimately, you recognize the potential Pay For Success models have to add tremendous value to the impact investing space, and to people and families in need, and you’re dedicated to leveraging your skills and experiences to make that happen.
HERE’S WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE ROLE…
Meaningful work allows you to have the opportunity to fulfill a Legacy, gain greater Mastery, and achieve Freedom. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/ReWorkBuildACareerWorthHaving
The Outcomes From Your Work in this Role
You will help Social Finance achieve our mission by…
- Becoming a key member of a small, quickly growing team that expects you bring your ideas to the table from day one, allowing you to be a primary voice that sets the trajectory of the advisory services department.
- Cracking open the current system of government funding, holding our nation’s leaders accountable and acting as the glue where they intersect with the nonprofit and private sectors.
- Helping position Social Finance as a thought leader and major player in the Pay for Success and social impact bonds space.
- Joining an ambitious and dedicated team, committed to creating solutions which allow social impact investments to be outcomes-driven and brought to market at scale.
How This Role Will Help You Develop as a Professional
The skills and strengths that you will use and develop in this position are…
- You will hone your project management skills, becoming a champion at juggling multiple moving pieces and stakeholders to drive a project forward and achieve desirable outcomes.
- You will deepen your knowledge of the Social Impact Bond field, becoming an expert in the nuances of the industry and how to most effectively generate value in the space.
- You will learn alongside a smart and accomplished team who come from top-tier management consulting firms, including CEO & co-founder, Tracy Palandjian.
The Tangible and Intangible Perks and Benefits of This Role
We expect you to be a human being while working for us, which means a need to explore and live fully. To do so, we offer:
- A manageable travel schedule, allowing you to get that face-to-face time with clients while still maintaining your work-life balance at home.
- A company culture that sets high standards, values new ideas and innovative approaches, and supports employee growth.
- An open and casual work space where colleagues challenge you to learn and grow, are open to collaboration, and expect you bring a sense of humor with your ‘A’ game.
- A centrally located office in downtown Boston, that is expanding quickly.
- A comprehensive and growing benefits package.
?YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE…
External Relationship Management
- Maintaining and nurturing key stakeholder relationships delegated by team members.
- Contributing to marketing Social Finance and its offerings to all potential partners; helping build the pipeline of advisory business in collaboration with Social Finance senior management.
- Serving as primary contact with peer-level stakeholders through all phases of an advisory project and influence partners to take steps required to achieve greatest impact.
- Designing and structuring work required to provide excellent deliverables to partners, including:
- Developing proposal documents, timeline, and budgets.
- Drafting and finalizing agreed deliverables with team members and senior management as needed—including memos, reports, and presentations.
- Contributing to driving intellectual work on the project, pursuing action-oriented recommendations that will deliver impact for partners and Social Finance.
- Maintaining close contact with partners (individuals and organizations) throughout the project— providing updates, facilitating workshops and meetings, and co-developing content as appropriate.
- Contributing to thought leadership by helping to build and disseminate Social Finance’s point of view and intellectual property through any number of the following vehicles:
- White papers
- Grant and product proposals
- Op-eds and blog posts
- Speaking Engagements
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE…
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in management consulting or a related field.
- An exceptional ability to orchestrate challenging projects with multiple senior stakeholders, juggling responsibilities, rigorously prioritizing and managing time, and yet still maintaining creativity and nimbleness.
- A commitment to excellence and accuracy, with an ability to manage multiple and competing priorities simultaneously; willingness to express contrary points of view and seek consensus among strong, independent thinkers
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; the ability to deliver quantitative and qualitative data in a compelling way; ability to quickly research, synthesize and summarize key lessons on unfamiliar topics
- A foundational knowledge of and interest in:
- specific program areas and interventions (health, criminal justice, housing, workforce development, early childhood development, education) and/or;
- key issues in effective nonprofit management / impact investing.
- An impact-driven professional, committed to building a career and leveraging your expertise in a space that marries the rigor of the private sector, the responsibility of the public sector, and the passion of the non-profit sector.
- A relationship expert with exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to successfully manage complex negotiations with multiple parties, and strong active listening and empathy skills.
- A fearless communicator, articulate and poised, able to speak openly and easily with CEOs, executives, venture capitalists, as well as Executive Directors and Program Managers.
- A strong conceptual thinker, who can easily grasp and navigate a range of abstract concepts, relate them to one another, and translate those concepts into practical implications.
- You have a graduate degree in Business, Law, or Public Policy
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE ROLE?
Please complete the following application. Priority will be given to early applicants. These short-answer questions are designed to replace a cover letter, please take your time with them and copy in your answers from a separate document. If you are chosen as a finalist, you will first be interviewed by ReWork and then by Social Finance leadership. The final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU’RE SELECTED?
You’ll be invited to join our growing team in Boston, MA. You’ll receive a competitive salary depending on your level of experience. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at email@example.com. We look forward to reading your application!