Associate, Government Partnerships
- Aangan Trust
- Bharatpur, Rajasthan
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
To make child protection everyone’s business, so that every child is safe everywhere, everyday.
We build and strengthen child protection systems to ensure that the most vulnerable children are safe, supported, in school, and assured of a childhood free from trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work, violence and exploitation
Aangan works with children in dangerous situations like child trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work and abuse. Our prevention model targets ‘hotspots’ across the country where children are most at risk, either because these are sites of hazardous child labor or are associated with harmful traditions like child marriage, trafficking and girl child discrimination. In such locations, we work with parents, children and government officials to build strong care and protection systems that keep children safe.
II. Position Summary
The Government Partnerships Associate will work with Aangan’s prevention team to build and maintain government relationships across local, district and state levels to demonstrate how children can be kept safe when community and officials come together to work in collaboration with trained apprentices and community adults. This will be through on going monthly engagements/meetings/workshops and by sharing data for action reports with authorities.
III. Key Responsibilities
• Build and maintain relationships with key government stakeholders of Women and Child, Social Welfare and Home Departments at a state, district and local level across the states that Aangan works in
• Work in collaboration with the government, taking action data reports from the community back to authorities to demonstrate the effectiveness and sustainability of community prevention models for child protection
• Collate and prepare reports to share with authorities with the aim of communicating key protection issues, actions planned and undertaken
• Liaise between community members and government authorities to set up meetings, organise engagements and facilitate workshops to address community specific issues w.r.t child protection
• Track key policy developments and trends relevant to child protection and our work at all levels of government.
• Assist in preparing other team members for meetings by conducting relevant background research, planning meetings, drafting talking points, etc.
IV. Competencies and Abilities
• Understanding of the local context and socio-political environment of the state
• Ability to communicate data to authorities and push for action
• Strong communication skills
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Strategic thinking skills so as to conceptualize multiple approaches and responses to a situation
• Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm and diplomacy both individually and as part of a team.
• Ability to multi‐task and be resourceful in the face of uncertainty
• Willingness to travel frequently to districts and states
V. Education and Experience
• A Master’s degree in a relevant field
• 5+ years work experience and prior experience of having engaged with government stakeholders is preferred.
• Language: Fluent in English and Hindi is necessary
Candidates that are willing to relocate to Bharatpur will be preferred