Associate, Impact Investing
- Austin, TX; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, our services include investment strategy, investment product development, market intelligence and due diligence, strategic advice, and thought leadership.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading investment firms and foundations active in impact investing. Tideline was founded in 2014 with offices in New York City and San Francisco and currently has a growing team led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich.
About the position:
This is a unique opportunity for an early- to mid-career individual with an interest in consulting and impact investing.
The Associate will have an opportunity to play an important role in client projects, including through project management, supporting client management, guiding research and analysis, and contributing to the development of client materials. Tideline’s clients include top-tier financial and philanthropic institutions working on a wide range of issues related to impact investing, so there will be excellent opportunities to build broad and practical knowledge.
Candidates will be considered for any of Tideline’s offices: New York, San Francisco, and/or Austin. Candidates will be offered an initial three- or four-month employment agreement, with the possibility of converting to a permanent employee thereafter, depending on the business’s needs at that time and performance.
Core responsibilities include:
• Supporting, and in some cases, leading project management for client projects
• Supporting client management along with the project lead
• Managing and coordinating with project team members
• Guiding and performing research and analysis related to client projects, including literature reviews, summaries of findings, expert interviews, etc.
• Developing client materials, including PowerPoint presentations and reports
• Supporting preparations for, and participating in, team brainstorming and strategy development for client projects
• Supporting financial analysis and modeling efforts for client projects (as applicable given candidate experience)
The ideal candidate has a flexible, curious mindset; an entrepreneurial, collaborative disposition; and a commitment to advancing social and environmental outcomes. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness. The team is fun, too, and often feels like an extended family for each of its members.
Desired qualifications and experience level include:
• Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in relevant field a plus though not required
• Three to six years of work experience, preferably in consulting, impact investing, finance, philanthropy, and/or research
• Knowledge of impact investing, finance, and/or philanthropy preferred
• Project management-related or analogous experience preferred
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization, both individually and as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
• Record of exercised leadership and initiative
• Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and discretion
• Sense of humor and self-awareness
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications