Associate, IRIS and Impact Measurement & Management
- Global Impact Investing Network
- New York
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
POSITION: ASSOCIATE, IRIS and Impact Measurement & Management
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. They can be made in both emerging and developed markets, and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon the circumstances. The GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective impact investing by building critical infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research that attract more investment capital to address global challenges.
A hallmark of impact investing is the commitment of the investor to measure and manage the social and environmental performance of investments. In support of this, the GIIN manages IRIS, a catalog of generally accepted performance metrics used by impact investors to measure their social, environmental and financial performance. The GIIN also supports its members and the wider industry through impact measurement activities, and the development of tools aimed at helping investors to make the intangible social and environmental results of their investments tangible.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The GIIN is looking to hire an Associate to support the IRIS and Impact Measurement & Management (IRIS & IMM) team, specifically in areas related to the creation of materials that facilitate IRIS use, IMM best practices, and the coordination of a large stakeholder base. The ideal candidate for this role must have strong attention to detail, multitasking and organization skills, and an interest in impact measurement and impact investing. The Associate will report to the Senior Manager, IRIS & IMM.
• Support the refinement of the IRIS catalog, related resources, and tools based on the 2017 strategy through its release
• Assist in identifying and developing partnerships with other impact measurement and management tools and platforms, to support the alignment between IRIS and other systems, and develop external materials to explain how to use IRIS as a complement
• Support the development and implementation plan for coordinating impact measurement initiatives in the impact investing industry
• Assist in coordinating, responding to, and documenting IRIS and impact measurement inquiries and feedback; identify commonalities and surface trends as an input to the development of IRIS & IMM resources and tools
• Collaborate with other GIIN teams on special projects that advance IMM knowledge and best practices
• Develop materials to support use of IRIS and/or impact measurement best practices such as guidance documents, case studies, and FAQs
• Create a plan for increasing number of users on the IRIS registry and evolving its value to users; drive ongoing recruitment through various targeted avenues
• Support the screening of environmental / social qualifications of funds entering the GIIN’s ImpactBase platform and support the conversion of non-IRIS user funds
• Coordinate the planning and logistics for internal and external meetings and events
• Gather, maintain, and support communications for data about IRIS users and partners
• Manage analytics and minor updates for the IRIS website
• Facilitate reporting to board, funders, and other teams at the GIIN
• Maintain and help grow the team’s use of Salesforce for stakeholder management
• Additional responsibilities as needed
The Associate must be an analytical, organized, resourceful, and highly responsible individual with a high degree of professionalism, and a flexible and collaborative spirit.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Proven self-starter and able to work independently
• Detail-oriented, with high standards of performance
• 3+ years of relevant work experience demonstrating project coordination, content development, research, or analytical abilities
• Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively, independently, and with a virtual team
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Passion for addressing social and environmental issues
• Willingness to work in entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and rapidly evolving environment and industry
• Work experience in one of more of the following: monitoring & evaluation, ESG or performance measurement
• Exposure to the investment management processes
• Comprehensive knowledge of computer software applications such as Salesforce, Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
LOCATION: Full-time position based in New York, NY.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com by November 30, 2016.
State “Associate, IRIS & IMM” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an equal opportunity employer.